*Lane* 9

-LANE-

If I am to kill Susanna, I need to be prepared. Alas, I cannot help but be drawn towards her, but the lingering feeling of dread is always there every time I see her. Whenever I see her, my emotions become such a mess: I love her, that I cannot deny, nor can I help; but then grandfather's description of that demon comes to mind, so I tend to panic as well. When she talks to me, I can not evade it; she is polite, and doesn't judge you like others might. These feelings, I must avoid somehow in order to kill Susanna. If they grow stronger, it will only make this task all the more difficult. And in the end, I might not even be able to carry out this plan.

Elvyra wants me to become an arrow smith; so be it. I do not dislike her company, and though I still wish to become a jester some day that is unlikely to come, I can still make use of it. I'll work to crafting arrows, and perhaps I can kill Susanna with one. But will a demon really falter with a single blow from a measly arrow?

I head to the library, hoping to be able to find information on how demons might be killed. Grandfather could probably tell me if he's there too. Luckily, Susanna doesn't seem to be in the castle right now.

I enter the library. Full of books, I've been here quite often during my studies for this was where our only sources of information were. Quickly, I find the section of mythology. Not that I could find any books about demons in the nonfiction section.

Hours pass by. I must act as soon as possible, before I can no longer bear my love for Susanna. I sigh, thinking that I should finish the research some other time, for I have already searched several books in the library, but in vain.

Thus, I head off, grab some arrows I've successfully forged, and set out. I figure I should go hunting, in order to practice my aim and test out my arrows. With these results, I can work on improving whatever is needed to make these arrows more effective.

I tell my wife that I will be testing out my arrows. With a quick kiss on the cheek, I set out. I can tell she is satisfied that I am actually doing something progressive. Of course, this was a special case: a curse that needs to be removed immediately. Aiden is so smitten with her, who else would do it?