Chapter 22

"We need to celebrate, let's get the most delicious ice cream they have," I suggest, making Daniel grin.

"Screw my diet for today," he says, making me remember the little fact I forgot about today. He is a Formula 1 driver. He has to watch what he eats, even when the season hasn't even begun yet. But it will begin soon and he has to leave tomorrow because of that.

"Jo, I have to go, I'll be back later," I say as I walk to the front door.

"What, where are you going?" Joelle asks confused as she looks up from her book.

"Daniel's place, he's leaving today."

"He is?"

"Yeah, he has a training camp in L.A. and after that he's going to the factory."

"Oh, so you won't see him again until the Australian GP?"

"No, I don't think I will."

"I'm sorry Vi," Joelle sighs, but I just shrug.

"Nothing I can do about it. I mean, it sucks, but I'll just have to get used to it."

"Good luck."

"Thanks!" I say before walking out the front door. I go outside and get in my car before driving to Daniel's place. He's leaving in the afternoon, which gives me some time to say goodbye to him. And I'll need it.

I park my car in front of Daniel's apartment, but don't get out right away. I take a deep breath and try not to think too much about what I'm doing here as I don't want to say goodbye to Daniel. I just got him back in my life and now he's leaving again. I get out and make my way up to Daniel's apartment. I ring the doorbell and wait until Daniel opens the door.

"Vi, hey," Daniel says as he lets me in. I walk into his apartment and quickly realize I'm the only one here. Besides Daniel of course.

"Where is everyone else?"

"Everyone else?" Daniel asks confused.

"Yeah, I thought this was like a saying goodbye thing."

"It is."

"Then why am I the only one here? Where are your friends?"

"Because I only invited you."

"What, why?"

"Because I already said goodbye to everyone else last night, after you left."

"But why didn't you just say goodbye to me yesterday as well?"

"I didn't want to. I felt like we needed a little more privacy for our goodbyes."

"Oh, okay."

"I hope you don't mind?" Daniel asks and I shake my head.

"No, I don't, I just didn't expect it."

"Ahh okay. Sorry, I should've told you."

"Don't worry about it. I'm actually kind of happy it's just the two of us," I say, making Daniel smile.

"Yeah, me too."

"Are you all ready to go?"

"I am, everything is packed. I'm just tidying up the last few bits and emptying out the fridge and the freezer as I don't want to leave those full for all this time."

"No, that would be a really good idea," I chuckle, not even wanting to think about that.

"No, it wouldn't be."

"You won't be back until the Australian GP, right?"

"No, I won't be. Got a lot of stuff to do for the team before the season starts and then there's testing."