Chapter 133

Alright, so before we begin, I just wanted to remind you that time has passed, everyones a little older, and so sometimes they're all going to act or do things that are a little more grown up and it may be a little surprising, but I think that it's nothing unusal for kids their age...you'll see what I mean towards the end, I don't honeslty think it'll be a big deal, but I thought I'd give fair warnning that things may be moving from PG13 to R. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So…what can you tell me about this job?” You asked the top ShinRa intelligence agent after the two of you had some cake. You had just finished off your piece, and set the fork on the plate. Man, this was weird. One of the smartest, most astute, and cleverest people in the entire corporation, and the two of you were sitting in a dark room eating cake.

“Well, to start with,” He took a small bite of icing before finishing his thought. He still had a large amount of cake left on his plate since he had multiple pieces, “I’m assuming they told you that you would be guarding a POI.”

“…Why, is that not the case?” 

“No it is, but not totally.” He stuck the fork in his mouth and let it sit there for a moment while he thought, “Vayne Solidor.”

“I’m sorry?” You didn’t quite understand his train of thought.

“Tell me, are you familiar with ambassador Vayne Solidor?” 

“The Archadian Emperor?”

“No, the Archadian Emperor’s third son, and ambassador on the Counsel of Worlds. Solidor is on a mission, your mission, to transport some containers of poison gas from his home world to ShinRa, as an act of Archadian allegiance.”

“How is that an act of allegiance?”

“You don’t understand politics, do you?”

“You caught me…” You shrugged. Talking to Ryuzaki made you feel stupid, but he probably had that effect on everyone, since being a genius was his job.

“This poison gas…It’s a weapon. Extremely effective against the likes of l’cie, and other Geostigma infected beings. You can see why it’s invaluable to a corporation like this.”

“B-but why would they need gas? They’re not going to use poison gas on me? They couldn’t. That’s—”

“Calm down, it’s not about getting rid of the stigma by use of war tactics. It’s going to be studied, analyzed, and tested. We’re hoping to find a cure in this gas.  That is why it is an act of allegiance and peace.”

“I see. But then why did Tseng tell me I was guarding a person?”

“Technically, you don’t know about the containers traveling with Solidor. You and the SOLDIER assigned to the mission with you will be protecting and guarding Solidor and his cargo. You’ll fly out to Archadia on Friday with SOLDIER operative Zack Fair, and once in Archadia, you will meet with Vayne and his personal SOLDIERs. You will then all return here with Solidor and his fancy containers. Easy as—oh, I have pie around here somewhere.” He mumbled the last bit and turned away from you to go digging through his stash of sweet treats.

“But that doesn’t—” Your phone began ringing and you sighed. The caller ID said it was Ven, so you figured you might as well take it, in case there was an emergency in the clinic. “Hello?”

Where are you?” He asked with an accusatory tone.

“Why?” You stood up, and muted the phone against your shoulder for a second while you whispered a thank you and goodbye to L as he returned his attention to the many screens flashing alerts at him. He waved, without turning back around to face you, and you took that as sign enough that you could leave.