"My Grandfather Poisoned Me" Episode One: Chapter Three

I woke up in an uncomfortable bed, the comforter and sheets all white. I checked to see what I was wearing and on my body was a pair of sleeping shorts and a CHP T-shirt. How I got the clothing on was beyond me, and I really didn't want to ask.

"Ah, glad to see you've awaken." I heard Chiron say, walking into the room I was in. It was a peaceful, clean room. Highly minimalist with few varying colors. Potion bottles filled the shelves with the same golden liquid inside. I looked up at Chiron and lazily smiled.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Three and a half days." Chiron said nonchalantly, taking two of the potion bottles and pouring them into a glass, handing it to me for me to drink. I brought the glass to my lips and took a sip of the liquid. I recoiled the taste, expecting it to be apple juice or warm apple cider. But it wasn't. It was the taste of lemongrass tea, my favorite drink. I drank it all rather quickly, my body soon feeling warm and cozy inside.

"Nectar." Chiron said, laughing as I drank the last bit of the liquid inside the glass. "It heals your wounds. Sadly, yours haven't healed all the way. We've doubled your dosage and while you were out we gave the ambrosia to you through an IV, but you didn't wake up or heal all the way. It's rather quite mysterious."

"We?" I asked, and I heard footsteps walking through a hallway, a boy around my age appearing at the doorframe. He had shaggy black hair and his eyes were surrounded with rings of insomnia. I saw a thin line of lips form into a shy smile when our gazes met.

"This is Nico di Angelo. He's visiting Camp Half Blood." Chiron said, walking to the boy.

"I came here the day after you got knocked out." Nico said unemotionally.

"I'm R-" I started to say my name, but Nico finished it for me.

"Rowan. Daughter of Artemis. I know." he said. "I've heard a lot about you since I arrived."

"Seems like I've made my mark here." I groaned, and Chiron chuckled.

"I'll leave you to Nico's company, Miss Lancaster. I'll also inform the others that you've woken up." he told me, and I nodded, politely thanking my former Latin teacher as he walked out of the door. Nico sat down on the chair next to my bed and stared at me with a saddened look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and Nico sighed.

"My sister.. she's part of your mother's hunting group. She joined the Hunters after she was resurrected from being dead for a while. I haven't seen her in ages." Nico said, and looked up at me. "You look a bit like her."

"I'm sorry." I said, looking into his eyes. I instantly saw the hurt and pain in his eyes, and I felt guilty.

"Don't be, I have other problems and I've dealt with most of them on my own." Nico shook his head dismissively, but I didn't take my eyes off of him. I attempted to stand up, but nausea and dizziness kicked in and I stumbled, Nico catching my fall. I thanked him as he balanced me. I stretched my arms facing away from Nico, my mind filing through the problems he could have and the problems I wanted to fix. I'd only known him for what, ten minutes, but I wanted to see him smile.

"I really am sorry, for everything." I said, "I know what it's like to lose a family member. Especially a close family member like a brother or sister." I turned to face Nico, and he was staring at me with the same gaze I gave him. "I lost my dad to the army. He died in Afghanistan last year, when I was 14." I told Nico, and he looked down at his feet, fumbling with a tiny piece of thread that came from his jacket.

"You're just like her.." Nico whispered, and I heard a single teardrop fall to the ground. Nico straightened up and stood from the chair, trying to look tough. But he still had the sadness in his eyes that was utterly heart wrenching. I prayed to the gods that the move I was going to make was a smart one as I pulled Nico into a hug. He hesitantly hugged me back, allowing the two of us to stand in the same spot for a while. It was silent as Nico grew more comfortable in our hug, his grip the last to let go when Percy and Annabeth entered the room. I scratched the back of my neck as their eyes dodged between the two of us.