Chapter 3

Cole was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe what Samantha had just said to the lady. For some reason Cole couldn't get the words out. What he wanted to say was that Samantha wasn't her wife. That she was just a friend but he just couldn't get the words out. He just stood there in the elevator holding Samantha's hand not knowing how to handle this situation. 

A million thoughts were swirling through Cole's head. He was thinking about what had just happened moments ago. Some woman he barely knew had his penis in her mouth. Skyy never gave him any head no matter how much he begged her. Now he had Samantha who looked like she was down to do whatever with or to him and he couldn't help but grin to himself. But then he thought about Skky. He knew what he was doing was wrong. He knew that just being with Samantha was a bad idea. But for some reason he didn't make any moves or say to her that he shouldn't be doing this. His mind was telling him to get the hell outta there and go home to his wife. He wanted to so badly but it was his body was telling him something else. As he was in that elevator, he accepted the fact that he was going against everything he stood for. Staying faithful to his wife, never cheating, all that. He compromised with himself that whatever happened between him and Samantha that night would only be for that night. 

Cole was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even know the elevator had stopped until he felt Samantha tugging on his arm. "C'mon Cole, let's get to this party", Samantha said with a seductive smile on her face. 

Cole snapped back to reality and pushed Skyy out of his mind and smiled back at Samantha as he led the way to his teammate's party. He didn't know which suite the party was being held at but he could hear the loud music thumping so he followed that. Once he found the room, he opened the door without even knocking. 

The penthouse suite was already packed with people dancing all over the place. The music was loud and Samantha was already dancing to it swaying her hips. Cole was admiring her body as she moved looking at her from head to toe. "Damn she fine", he thought to himself licking his lips. 

"Cole! Cole!, get over here man." Cole looked around following the voice until he saw who it was waving at him. His teammate James Harris (host of the party) was motioning him over to the bar. 

James was the starting center for the Nets standing at 6'11 so he could easily spot everyone in the crowd. When he noticed Cole come in with Samantha, he looked confused. He was very close friends with Cole and Skyy. He was the best man at their wedding so seeing Cole with another woman was very shocking. 

Cole whispered something in Samantha's ear and she giggled kissing his cheek. He gave her one more look before he made his way to the bar where James was standing. They dapped it up and said wassup to eachother. James wasn't gonna waste any time. He went straight to the point.

"Who the hell is that Cole?", James asked with a serious look on his face. 

"Who? Who you talking about bro?", Cole replied with a smirk on his face. He was always cracking jokes and trying to make light of any situation. But James clearly wasn't playing.

"You know who I'm talking about man. The hoe you walked up in here with.", James said pointing at Samantha who was dancing to the music by herself. "Where's your WIFE Skyy?",  he continued  with emphasis in wife and Cole looked at him, but the smirk left his face. 

"My wife is at home and she is Samantha. Just an old friend from high school. I bumped into after the game", Cole lied with annoyance in his voice. He didn't want James all up in his business reminding him about Skyy. 

James narrowed his eyes at Cole not knowing what to think. He had a feeling something wasn't right. It wasn't a huge feeling but a feeling none the less. He didn't know who Samamntha was or why Cole was with her but for the time being he was going to back off. He just hoped that this Samantha girl wasn't trying to mess up Cole and Skyy's relationship.