Chapter 10 - Close the Door, Release the Ye Jing

Following the vibrations of the specialized compass, Yan Zhaoge and the rest of the people traversed the Dragon Sealing Abyss.

Flashes of red light occasionally passed by only to be caught by Ah Hu, who used his astral qi to constrain the fragments and then sealed them into specialized crystals.

They traveled for half a day. When suddenly, the chaotic dao baleful qi of the black mist seemed to slightly calm down and thin out.

Ah Hu who was beside Yan Zhaoge said, "Prince, we have arrived at the center of a whirlpool."

Yan Zhaoge nodded.

In the Dragon Sealing Abyss, there are occasionally areas of relative calm, such as the middle region of a whirlpool, which is similar to the eye of a tornado, surrounded by danger all around but rather safe in the middle. This kind of region tends to be variable in size and in location. Even the number of regions tends to change. With the passage of time, these areas can even experience movement and transformations.

"The center region of a whirlpool is relatively safe. Everyone can rest for a bit," Yan Zhaoge said, "normally, this kind of area tends to easily produce unusual treasures. Because this environment is somewhat safe, it is also a good place to hunt for treasure and pick medicine. Everyone may move independently. See if you can get lucky. However, please mind your safety. This is the Dragon Sealing Abyss after all."

Ye Jing, Si Kongqing and the other young disciples all voiced their assent and then curiously investigated their surroundings.

Yan Zhaoge took his special compass and carefully examined it, "This whirlpool's center region seems to be more special than expected..."

"Hmmm?" Yan Zhaoge had a sudden hunch. He lifted his head and casually swept his gaze over everything as he calmly said, "Everyone draw back."

Yan Zhaoge swept his sleeve and a flash of azure light pierced the air like lightning through the night sky, lighting up the surrounding canyon.

A golden glow that had been half hidden in the black mist became clearly visible. An enormous body appeared. This was a cyclopian devil python and the golden glow from before had radiated from its single eye.

However, just as the devil python appeared, the azure light had already arrived at its neck while faintly releasing a dragon's roar.

The golden glow was extinguished almost immediately. The devil python releasing a hissing cry that was quickly cut off with a grunt followed briefly by silence.

A moment later, a loud thump could be heard. This was the sound of the devil python's huge body falling to the ground.

"Golden eyed python, this is a specialty of the Dragon Sealing Abyss. To those of you here, its entire body could be said to be a treasure at least to the current you. You may divide the body among yourselves, split the materials evenly." Right after the azure light flashed, Yan Zhaoge had already shifted his focus back down onto the specialized compass.

Everyone else only returned to their senses at this time. Looking at the enormous python corpse that was at least several tens of meters long, the disciples secretly tutted their tongues in wonder.

The golden eyed python's charge just now was incredibly fast, fierce and violent. It was not at all inferior to a warrior of the martial scholar stage. Remembering its ability to move without any presence, the disciples felt a lingering fear.

When the group dismantled the python, they also discovered its scales were tough and soft at the same time, comparable to artifact grade scale mail.

Even though the golden eyed python's blood and qi had already declined after death, they still had a lot of difficulty cutting apart the snake scale despite activating their artifacts.