Chapter 5

I am standing right in front of a bakery, looking at those scrumptious snacks before heading in to pick one. The scent of the vanilla essence rushing in. Ah, I love this smell. I sniffed the air as i whispered to myself.

"Can I have this one?" I asked as I took the egg tart and chocolate croissant with cinnamon powder on the tray. 

I head to school while eating and bumped onto someone. 

"Heyyyyyy Yerin, how good it is to see you this early in the morning, eating some tarts just like some other girls.." Taehyung chuckled, nudging my arms with his elbow. I rolled my eyes. "I mean, im still a human, I need to eat so that I dont die, right?" I stuffed some croissant into my mouth.  "Of course you are, and how good it is too that you finally respond on me for the first time." He smiled. 

Eh, he's right. Why am I talking to him?  I walked fastly to school leaving him behind. 

During lunch, I chose a seat and start eating, alone. Then, Taehyung sat beside me with his tray. "Hi Yerin, what are you eating today?" I ignored him.  

Across the room, a familiar figure caught my attention. It's Yoongi. I actually felt weird, I fall for him really easily. Somehow it seems like we have a connection with each other...

 "Yerin!! What are you dreaming about--" Taehyung looks at the direction I am looking. "Oh, Yoongi hyung.. Yerin, do you have a crush on him or something? I see that you can't hide your smile when you stare at him since that day." He asked.

"What? No. Hell no. I hate humans." I glare at him. "Anyway, don't you have other people to talk or eat with? Other than following me around.. It's not like I ever treat you nicely." Frankly, it is worth to think about. I always saw him walking with his large group of friends but he always walks up to me whenever he sees me. 

"Hm.. maybe it's because you are just like me." His face turns gloomy. "Like you? What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I used to be like you... I changed school a lot of times because I always fight with other kids. I hate talking to other people because I think they're annoying.. I hate people who told me to find "Love" because it's absurd." He continues. "But I changed, because I found someone who told me all of those things are not right. So I hope that I can be that same someone who can change you too." He smiles bitterly as he picks up his tray and walks away.

What? Who's that someone? Why does he look so sad talking about it? This must've been some twisted stories. I finished my food and head back to class.