Chapter 4

I walked into town hall with Jake, Fiona and Olive. Holos were everywhere. Jake gripped his crossbow. 2 guys and a girl were talking among each other. They had white eyes and sharp teeth as well. I looked over and saw Emma. I sneaked over to her. 

I grabbed her from behind. "Emma. I'm sorry I took Jake away from you." I apologized. "I'm sorry too." She said back. We then hugged each other. "We need to work together." I said. The kids gathered around me. "You're the oldest. Tell us what to do." Emma said. 

"We need to distract them." I said. Jake put his hand on my shoulder. "I got it." He said. Anthony stood up. "I got your back bro." He said. Jake nodded. He stood up and whistled. "Come and get it!" Jake yelled, running. Anthony shook his butt at the people and started singing. 

Dr. Barron disappeared around a corner. "Emma. Help the guys. I'm going after Ms. P." I said. Raven put her hand on my shoulder. "I'll distract him." She said. We ran around the corner. Dr. Barron was fiddling with a lock. I nodded towards Raven. 

She transformed into a bird and started chirping. "How'd you get out!" Dr. Barron yelled. Raven flew down another hallway. "Get back here!" He said, chasing after her. I ran towards the door. The door was unlocked. I opened it and saw a cage of birds. 

I ran towards it. The birds started chirping. "SSH!" I said. I started fiddling with the lock on the cage. A bird that had a little necklace around its neck started chirping at me. "Ms.P?" I asked. She started chirping. I opened the lock and the birds flew out. Ms. P flew out. I smiled. 

"NO!" Dr. Barron yelled. I spun around. He grabbed me by the arm. "YOU LITTLE BRAT!" He yelled. He threw me into a wall. A bird was chirping on a window sill. He grabbed me by the leg and tossed me into a holo. 

The bird transformed and Ms. P was there. Jake, Anthony, and Emma ran in the door. "JADEN!" Jake yelled. He aimed the crossbow at the holo. Dr.Barron smacked the crossbow halfway across the room. "Now, you are all dead." He said, cackling. 

I sang a tune and the crossbow floated up and returned back to Jake. Dr. Barron whistled. 3 more holos walked in, squealing. Jake shot the holo holding me in the eye. I was dropped on the floor. Anthony ran over to make sure I was ok. I was breathing heavily. 

"Leave them alone!" Ms. P said. Dr. Barron faced her. "Aww. You really care about these brats don't you." He said. Ms. P glared at him. The holos stood there, waiting for a command. "I know which one you love the most." Dr. Barron said. 

"Hand her over." He said. The holo grabbed me by the arm and threw me to Dr. Barron. "It's her isn't it." He said. Ms. P looked at me. "Don't hurt her." She said. Dr. B flung me into a wall. "Jaden!" Ms. P cried. "Aww. Did I hurt your precious Jaden?" Dr. B asked. 

He cackled. I grunted. Dr. B whistled. A holo grabbed me and flung me through a window. I crashed through it, falling towards the ocean. Ms. P transformed into a bird and flew after me. "Catch her Ms. Peregrine! Save your daughter." Dr. B said. 

"Jaden is Ms. P's daughter?" Jake asked. Anthony nodded. "Yeah. She just doesn't favors her in front of us so we don't get jealous." Raven said. Ms. P grabbed me before I hit the ocean. She laid me on the ground. She hugged me tightly. "Did he hurt you?" She asked, concerned. 

I showed her my elbow which was bleeding. "You're going down."