Chapter 3

The screaming noise was heard again. I heard something crash in the kitchen. Jake grabbed the crossbow and aimed it for the kitchen. "There's nothing there idiot!" Anthony said as he snatched the weapon from Jake. "He can see them Anthony! He's the one that can protect us!" Raven said. 

I sung a quick tune and the crossbow ripped itself from Anthony's hands and flew into Jake's. "Do what you need to do Jake." I said as I touched his shoulder. He tensed a little. The wall near Emma crumbled. "Get out of here!" Jake yelled. "We need Ms. Peregrine!" Claire said. 

The roof started collapsing over Olive. I sung a song and I stopped the roof from falling. "I can't keep going. RUN!" I yelled as I kept singing. Anthony grabbed Claire and run upstairs. The others followed. Jake and I were still downstairs. 

Jake was moving side to side, dodging the attacks of the monster. I was busy holding the roof. The monster then swung his arm and it smacked me, sending me flying across the room and into the wall. "Jaden!" Jake yelled. I was knocked out from the impact. 

Jake then shot the monster in the eye and dove behind the wall. The monster fell and hit the floor, dead. Jake ran over to me and picked me up. He ran me out the door before the time loop closed. The others met us outside. "Jaden!" Anthony yelled as he ran over and too. Jake glared at Anthony while he glared back at Jake. 

"Anthony. Help me find a boat." Emma said. Anthony reluctantly nodded and followed Emma. A few hours later...

Jake walked up to Emma. "So, is Anthony Jaden's boyfriend?" He asked her. "Gods no. Although, he does have a crush on her." Emma said. Jake nodded. He then walked back down toward the cabins. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jake sitting in the corner, reading a book. 

"What book you reading?" I said. Jake jumped and his book hit the floor. I giggled a little. "Jaden. You're awake." He said as he walked over. "Thanks to you." I said. There was then an awkward silence between the both of us. Then, the boat came to a stop. 

"Let's go!" I said as I grabbed his hand and ran to the deck. When we got there, we saw Emma and Anthony up there. "Get down." I said. "Emma. I love you." Anthony said. Emma giggled. Then, they kissed. Jake walked on deck. I could tell he was heartbroken. 

Emma and Anthony looked over. "Jake. I-" She started off. I looked around and saw a sign. "Welcome to Paris." It said. I ran out. "Jake. Come explore with me!" I said. Jake grabbed my hand. "Sure." He said as he started walking with me. I winked at Emma. She glared at me. 

Anthony did too. A few minutes later, we were on a busy street. "Wow. The city of love. Pretty!" I said in awe as I looked around. "Not as pretty as you." Jake said as he started flirting. I giggled. I looked across the street and saw Dr. Barron. I motioned for Jake to look over. 

We ran back to the ship. Everyone was on the deck. Jake whistled and everyone turned. "He's here. In Paris." I said. "Aww. Back from you date already?" Emma said. Everyone oohed. Jake blushed. "After you are done having a make out session with Anthony." I said back. 

Everyone oohed. Emma blushed harder than Jake. "Fiona, Olive." You're with me." I said as they nodded. We ran off the ship and towards the building. "Ms. Peregrine. Here we come."