Chapter 4 - Natural Born Genius

While Calron was still absorbing the essence, the Voice suddenly sent out a thought towards him.

"Curl both your first and fifth fingers against each other, and then spread all your fingers as wide as you can, with the tips still touching."

The Voice sternly commanded Calron.

Calron immediately complied, and within a few seconds, he felt a sudden rush of essence being absorbed into his body at an alarming rate, as the lightning around his body became much more active.

The Elder stared in shock at the pace of essence being absorbed by Calron.

The astonishing fact was not the amount of essence Calron was cultivating, as any other cultivator could gather this amount of essence, but that was only for the other four elements.

The amount of the Lightning essence was naturally scarce in the environment, and this was one of the main reasons why Lightning cultivators were considered to be the weakest, as they would always be unable to gather the immense amount of essence needed to make a breakthrough from the Spiritual stage.

However, this rule did not seem to apply to the boy.

A genius. A true genius had appeared!

Meanwhile, Calron continued to cultivate, while completely being unaware of the Elder's excited thoughts. The Voice remained silent after having given the advice, as it did not want to distract Calron during his cultivation process.

This was an important moment for the boy, as this would be the start of his journey into the cultivation world.

His body would slowly start to become familiar with absorbing essence and the feeling of it circulating around his spiritual veins. Any mistake at this point would greatly affect his future cultivation advancement.

After a full fifteen minutes, Calron finally opened his eyes and just for a fraction of a second, a surge of blue lightning flickered across his dark black eyes!

Fortunately, the Elder did not notice the change in the boy's eyes, as he was intently staring at Calron's current hand formation.

"Why did you suddenly change position of your hands in the middle of cultivation, Calron?"

The Elder inquired with a tinge of surprise and excitement in his voice.

Calron did not want to mention the existence of the Voice in his head, so he innocently replied back.

"I don't know, Elder, it felt easier to put my hands in that position. I'm sorry if I did something wrong."

Pretending to be meek and clueless as to not arouse any suspicion, Calron's eight year old mind was already on the verge of entering the path of cunningness.

"No, my boy, you did not do anything wrong. I was just surprised."

The Elder responded in a gentle tone as he sensed the nervousness of the boy.

Looking at Calron's current innocent and chubby face, who would suspect him of being capable of deceiving others?