Chapter 2

The deja vu kicks in as Harry stares at me, reminding me of the time he accidentally let those same words slip from his lips. Except of course, this time I'm the one who's saying them and I actually mean it. I have no intentions of taking them back the way he did. We're in almost the same position as we were that day, in the same bed and the look on Harry's face is somewhat similar, making me want to panic.

Maybe I should have kept my feelings to myself. But I realize that other than this morning's off-putting responses, things between us have been relatively going smoothly for a little while. And I haven't forgotten what Julia told me. She said it's always been me. And there is something so romantic about that.

I never thought about how I wanted this moment to go—the moment I told him I love him. I hadn't even wanted to say the words out loud to him. And here I am, looking into the green eyes I have been lost in numerous times after just saying the words I never thought I'd say to him, waiting for him to say something in return.

As the shock is written in Harry's features, I realize I feel the way he looks. Knowing it was never the plan to actually say it out loud, I wonder where it actually came from. I didn't give it any thought before it flew out of my mouth and yet here it is, hanging between us making the air thin out. 

I liked that he admitted to not wanting to be a secret anymore, as if there was hope for more for us somehow, no matter how scary and unsure I've been about it. I had decided just the other day that if I heard those words, I might just stay. I might change my mind if there was hope for more. And saying he didn't want us to be a secret anymore, gave way for that chance. 

"You love me?"

I simply nod my head in reply to his astonished whisper. My heart is pounding vigorously but I know I need to seem confident about this so there's no chance that history will repeat itself. I wish I had thought more about this, because I now realize that this is sort of a make it or break it deal and if he doesn't feel the same, well—I don't want to think about what might happen. Still, confidence is key because there's no turning back now.

"I just—I didn't—" he stutters, blinking a few times. "What?"

I feel a small smile grace my lips as I take in his bewilderment. "I know this was never meant to be more than sex and we weren't supposed to have feelings for each other, but it happened," I explain, making sure to keep eye contact with him. "This has been so much more than sex for me even when I didn't want to believe it was, and I feel so much with you that I've never felt before, even with—"

"Really?" He sits up, making me move off of him to kneel next to him. I can't decipher the look on his face. It's full of surprise and pensive at the same time, completely confusing me.

"It scares the shit out of me," I go on. "I have fought with myself over this, not wanting to feel it and wanting more than anything for you to love me too. And I just—"

"I do," Harry interrupts, making my entire being freeze. My heart feels like it skips a beat and my breath gets caught in my throat as I gaze at him with wide eyes. "I do love you, Jayde."

"You do?" The smile on my face instantly appears and there's no stopping the butterflies as they erupt inside of me. He loves me, too. I feel as though I shouldn't be surprised, because of everything he's done and the story Julia told me. But surprised is an understatement and it all seems unbelievable that this boy sitting in front of me, staring at me with those dark green gorgeous eyes and smile so lovely, indenting dimples into his cheeks, could possibly love me, of all people.

But he does.

"So much."

There's no space in time, no weight upon my shoulders, in a moment I feel complete and utter bliss in a way I've never felt, all because of this one boy, and leaning into each other, we press our lips together. His lips feel softer, his fingers digging into the skin of my hips, more passionate, making the stars and the moon and the entire galaxy mold together all the broken pieces within me.