3: Responding to the one who sneeze.

Assalam Alaikum.

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) who said that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,

“If anyone of you sneezes, he should say ‘Al-Hamdulillah’ (Praise be to Allah), and his (Muslim) brother or companion should say to him, ‘Yarhamuk Allah’ (May Allah bestow his Mercy on you). When the latter says ‘Yarhamuk Allah’, the former should say, ‘Yahdikumul-lah wa Yuslih balakum’ (May Allah give you guidance and improve your condition).”

[Bukhari: Book 8,Volume 73, Hadith 243]

Abu Hurayrah also reported in another narration the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying,

“Six are the rights of a Muslim over another Muslim. It was said to him: Allah’s Messenger, what are these? Thereupon he said: When you meet him, offer him greetings;when he invites you to a feast accept it. when he seeks your council give him, and when he sneezes and says:” All praise is due to Allah,” you say ‘Yarhamuk Allah’ (may Allah show mercy to you) ; and when he fails ill visit him; and when he dies follow his bier.

[Muslim: Book 26, Hadith 5379]

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,

“Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (‘Yarhamuk Allah’). But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so one must try one’s best to stop it, if one says ‘Ha’ when yawning, Satan will laugh at him.”

[Bukhari: Book 8, Volume 73, Hadith 24]

May Allah guide us and the Ummah .
Ameen.
Don't forget to vote & comment.