The Rise

I am now training my men more for war. I too train my hardest. I am now troubled so my people with no ruler....war coming. And most troubling are the voices. I wish my Da were here to guide me. I think he would advise me to rule and send my men into battle.

I shall do what I need to do. I ran to from the training grounds to the castle, I was going to tell Egan. I burst through doors and even people. But then when I slammed open the door to Egans working area everything became as if time slowed.

“On my fathers honor, I will guide my people to war..giving my own life for theirs.” I said bowing.

“You know this cost is great on your soul, my dear Agrona.” He said.

“It is what they would have wanted.” I replied still bowing.

Egan came to me and took my face in one of his hands. “Your father once told me when you were nothing but a wee lassy that you were the stars and moon. For all the time I knew him for he was never as happy as when you came into this world. He....They loved you, they loved you more than anyone could ever love something. If I were him I would be crying right now....I would be crying like he did when he first saw you.” A tear rolled from his cheek.

I rose with tears streaming down my face. I hugged Egan, he protected me when I was with no kin, and when I was alone. 

“Thank you.” I said tears still flowing.

We pulled away and I saw a smile upon his face.

“Well I shall set up the crowning ceremony” He said happily.

“I wish to wear his crown Egan.” I stated.

“As you shall....my queen.” He replied smiling.