Chapter Five : Fire in her eyes

"My heart still beats and my skin still feels
My lungs still breathe, my mind still fears"

~Aurora

Ali's P.o.v.

The pain I felt in my chest rose as I clutched at the sheets of my cot. Bucky had come to see me again today! I just wish everyone would leave me alone. I don't need their help. I just need to be left alone. I need to know who I am. I want to know. I wish I knew. A fake name was all I had left. And what could a name do? Could a name rid me of pain, save me from death or give me back my life.

I wish Bucky had never stopped me from leaving. There's too many people here. Some of them know what a monster I am. Some of them ask questions and some of them just look at me as if to say, 'Who does she think she is'...and I thought the prison base was bad.

I didn't realise what I had done until it was too late

I didn't realise what I had done until it was too late. My eyes turned completely golden and there was nothing stopping me this time. Flames burst from my hands and all too soon the fire swarmed throughout the little tent as tear poured from my eyes. I sobbed hard feeling the pain grow in my chest.

I walked to the opening of the tent and peered out of the front hoping to see some scared faces, but I didn't

I saw anger and hate in their eyes. Hate of me. No. How could they not fear me? I could be frightening, I could decimate this whole army base if I wished.

But I couldn't. The hate I saw was the hate I have felt before. I was no better than the villains who caged me, who caged us all. I'm just another monster.

"She did it! The demon!" I heard before I saw a gun pointed at my head. I did care if he pulled the trigger. The pain would be punishment enough. Tears cascaded down my face as the ash and smoke clouded my form. I hung my head and the fire recoiled into my hands, until all that was left was the embers on my skin. I let them fall to the ground as I wept. But what I didn't expect was a soft hand on my chin and a red fabric wiping my tears away. It was Peggy. She picked up my hands and gently rubbing my ash covered knuckles.