Chapter 2

*Rylie's POV*

I couldn't believe how fast the month went by. Before I knew it I was walking through the halls of my high school for the very last time. It was now June 8th, aka graduation day. I cleaned out my locker and headed for the doors. So this was it. I sighed deeply as I headed to my car. I drove home with a sense of pride. I actually did it. So when I got home I got ready for the graduation ceremony later that day. Calum was coming to pick me up soon, so I got ready quickly. As I heard the doorbell ring I was so nervous. I opened the door and Cal scooped me up into his arms and spun me around.

"We did it gorgeous!" He said.

"We did Cal, we did." I giggled as he put me down. My mother took some pictures of us, and after she was done I followed him to his car, seeing my parents would be meeting us there. We got to the venue and got into our places quickly. Everyone was getting emotional throughout the whole ceremony, including me. I teared up a bit as I finally accepted my diploma. This meant everything to me. All those sleepless nights of hard work, all those sacrifices paid off. Once everything was done, we all tossed our caps into the air. Calum pulled me in for a kiss. Everything in that moment was surreal. Everyone went to the after party at one of my friend's house. Further into the party Cal asked for us to go somewhere more private. I agreed without hesitating. He brought me up to an empty bedroom. We sat down on the edge of the bed and he took my hands into his.

"Listen, I know you might have thought I had a different idea bringing you up here, but that wasn't my intention." He looked down into his lap. "You're leaving tomorrow Rylie, and I don't want you to. We've been together for about a year now, and you mean everything to me. I can't even put into words how much I'm going to miss you. Your little laugh, your eyes, your lovely late night thoughts. I know we're going to be able to call each other and everything, but it won't be the same. I just," he sighed deeply. "I'm going to miss you so much my princess." I grabbed his face in my hands and pressed his lips to mine. It was the only thing I could even think of doing at the moment. Our lips moved in perfect rhythm, and in my heart I knew I was meant to be with him. I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I broke this kiss and gave Calum an apologetic smile. It was a notification I had set to make sure I remind myself to get home on time. I looked at him and smiled, giving him one last kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow morning my love." He grinned. "Get home safe Rylie. I love you."

"You too, Cal. I love you more." I exited the bedroom and headed out to my car. I got home shortly after and informed my parents I was there. I showered and lazily ran a brush through my hair before slipping into my warm bed. I slowly drifted to sleep minutes after.

****************

I woke to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. It was 7am. I got up and rubbed my eyes, nearly blinded by the light streaming through the blinds. I sat up and lazily looked around. I got myself out of bed and took a quick shower. After running the brush through my hair and getting changed into jeans and Calum's grey Nasa t-shirt that I've kept for so long. While I was still getting ready there was a knock at my door.

"Yeah?" I tilted my head to listen for a reply.

"Hey sweetheart, are you almost ready? Calum's here." I smiled, but it quickly faded into a frown. I'm not exactly if I'm more happy or sad to see Cal at this point. I love him to bits and I wanna spend every moment with him, but now I have to say goodbye for a bit. I sighed.

"Could you send him up please?" I asked my mother. She muttered a quick 'Sure' and I heard her footsteps travel down the hall. I was still gathering my things when I heard another knock at my door.

"Hey babe it's me." I heard Calum say.

"Hey, come in." I turned towards the door. He walked in and shoved his hands into the pockets of his black skinny jeans. He looked down at the floor and then looked up at me. I sat on the edge of my bed, inviting him to sit with me. He slowly sat next to me and rubbed the back of his head with his hand. He gave me a small smile.