Chapter 1

" Bitch wake up ".

My head was pounding and I could barely turn on my side to face my annoying best friend. By this point she started opening all the blinds letting the afternoon sun into my room .

" I can't believe you slept this long Gabby it's almost 3 o clock "

She sat beside me and pushed my Lavish bundles away from my face while I playfully but angrily glared at her . Sophia and me were two peas in a pod . We were so opposite and yet we got along so well . She was my sister my best friend and the ying to my yang but right now she was my enemy for waking me out of my slumber . I forcefully sat up and yawned. Sophie pinched her nose and stuck her tongue out and I flipped her the bird .

" What did you do last night that you over here hibernating "

I rolled my eyes .

" Nothing I stayed up all night watching Netflix and eating popcorn "

" That's it " she gave me a quizzical look and I followed her eyes to the two empty moscato bottles on my night stand.

" Yes that's it" I said sheepishly . I kinda wish I had more to tell her but my life had completely taken a 360 since my breakup with Chance. My first love . We dated since I was a freshman in high school . I've never known any other man but him and now I was alone and didn't know my front from my back. I had to admit I was depressed . Sophia got up and put her hands on her hips

" Bitch I'm tired of this depressed shit"

I groaned into a pillow . And she pulled it away

"Seriously Gabby your about to be 21 in a couple of weeks! Stop thinking about Chance you think he gives a fuck about how you feel right now "

Sophie never liked Chance from the first time we met him in Jamaica Queens one day when we cut school .

" He's posting pics of him and his new bitch on vacation on Instagram and your home sulking "

I had to admit that hurt partly because I didn't know since I made it my business to unfollow him on every social network and partly because I knew Sophie was right and I still cared for him.

" I'm not sulking " I said trying to convince the both of us " I just need time to get over. everything"

I got up and made my way into my quant kitchen .It was big enough for exactly two people but the way Sophie was on my back I felt like I couldn't even breath . I started to make a pot of coffee.

"It sure didn't take him any time to move on . And it's been 8 whole months it's time to come back into society "

She was making it sound so easy .

" remember when Jermain broke up with you on valentines day and you cried for three weeks straight . Who was there for you . That's how I need you to be there for me "

Sophie threw a grape at me from the fruit bowl that I caught in my mouth .

"Number one we were 12 and you were there for me like I'm trying to be here for you . Gabby your beautiful smart and vibrant don't let one dusty nigga take your happiness away "

She walked over and hugged me . At that moment I thanked the man above for giving me such a good best friend.

I grabbed two coffee cups and we sat on my couch.

"Is Chance really posting vacation pics? "

Sophie rolled her eyes and turned to me .

" From this moment on you are not allowed to mention his name "

She motioned a zipper across her lips and dramatically threw it on the floor and stomped on it . We both burst into well needed laugher

"Operation get over 'who shall not be' named is in full effect ! "

I could see the wheels turning in her head and knew that she already had a plan.

" Now hop in the shower and get dressed we got some work to do "

I shook my head and walked to the bathroom . I just knew Sophie was about to get me into some trouble .