Chapter 4

I woke up the next day and instantly thought of Sophie. She didn't call me when she reached home and she was acting really weird yesterday .

I text her and got dressed for school. Although I was discouraged about my breakup with Chance I wasn't letting him throw my life completely off track.

With the money I mange to save here and there I got a small apartment in east Flatbush and paid my tuition for the spring.

My apartment was a far cry from where I use to live but I liked it because it was mines. I called for a cab and made my way to my anthropology .I chatted with a few of my classmates, midterms were approaching and everyone was exchanging numbers for study groups.

" Dont forget to take my number "

Sean moved my bag from the seat beside me and sat down . I rolled my eyes

" you too pretty to be mean Gabby "

He smiled a boyish smile. From the first day I met him Sean was open about how much he wanted me to talk to him. He didn't care who was around.

" That's because you don't have no manners you didn't even say good morning "

"Good morning beautiful "

I giggled when he bowed

" Good morning silly boy how was your weekend "

" It could have been better if you was around but you don't date classmates right"

"Right" I drew a check mark on his notebook

" I can't wait to graduate then "

The professor walked in and we started to take our notes down .

__________________________

"You want a ride home "

We just got out of class and everyone was rushing to talk to the professor about making a study guide for the midterms.

" No thank you I have one more class left I'm gonna go grab a snack n head to the library "

" Smart and beautiful stay like that "

I gave him a hug and decided to head straight to the library to catch up on some reading .

After class I realized that my stomach was growling something serious . I was gonna stop at a Thai place but I decided to cook instead . When I walked up to my building I was shocked to see Jay standing there.

"Jay ?"

He turned around and smiled . I turned into mush

" Gabby ...Sophie left her jacket at my place but I can't get in contact with her and your i.d was in her pocket "

He made me remember that she was acting strange . Physically I knew she was okay because she was liking a couple of pics on Instagram but mentally I didn't know what was going on in that head of hers .

" thank you ... How long were you standing out here "

"Not that long but I didn't want to leave yet "

" well I was about to cook dinner if you would like to join me "

I didn't even know where that came from . I couldn't believe I just invited a total stranger into my home . Epically one who was well off  and made me nervous like Jay . I instantly regretted inviting him inside  but it was too late because he was telling me to lead the way .