Indecisive Love

This is a story about a young girl, having trouble deciding her love. Names in bold means the character are talking. 

Arabella Diamante

I was sitting in class, quietly doing my work when my girlfriend, Vanessa approached me and handed me a pink envelope. I accepted the envelope and asked, "What's this for?" Vanessa pulled a nearby chair and sat in front of me. "I am having a housewarming party tomorrow and you're invited. It's going to be a blast because the boys are going to be there too," Vanessa said excitedly before she got up and walked off.

"A party huh? This should be fun," I said in my head while looking at the envelope. While I was still thinking about the party, Vanessa ran back in the classroom towards me. "Arabella, I forgot to tell you, I have a surprise for you at the party," Vanessa said quickly before she ran off again. "Woah, that was really sudden and surprising," I said to myself before the school bell rang and I went off.

Vanessa's Housewarming Party

The sound of music and voices of people were loud at the party but what do you expect from a party? I could see several boys dancing with Vanessa, following the game from her video game console. I must admit, it was kinda weird being there but all was good, nothing bad happened.

I decided to walk to the lawn to get some fresh air and to get away from the excessive noise. I was holding a drink in my hand, admiring the beautiful flowers around the lawn.

Fasher Skywalker

"Dude, you should just go talk to her," My friend Pavithirahn told me while pointing to a girl standing out at the lawn, admiring the flowers. "Her name is Arabella Diamante and I think you two are pretty good," Vanessa said to me while pushing me towards Arabella.

I walked up to Arabella, with a drink in hand, planning to ask her a very important question. My heart was beating rapidly. "Umm, Hey there," I said calmly, trying not to make a fool of myself. "Hey there, weren't you dancing just now?" Arabella asked me while giving off a soft smile. "Hehe, Thanks for the compliments," I replied while brushing my hair nervously. "This is a great party, right? Cheers," Arabella said while raising her drink towards me. "Yeah. Cheers," I raised my drink as well.

"So Arabella, I want to ask you something," I said after taking a deep breath. "What is it?" Arabella replied calmly as if she was ready for anything. "Will you be my girlfriend because I really like you," I said confidently in front of everyone at the party and we were standing right in the middle of the lawn.

Arabella Diamante

"Well, I can't decide my answer right now but I'll hang out with you in school if you want," I replied with a direct answer because it was just so sudden that he asked that question. I couldn't bear to break his heart and I was telling the truth.

I could hear the voices of people from the side saying "OMG They are so sweet,", "Aren't they the perfect couple,". "I would totally agree with them if I knew him better but for now, I'll just go along with it," I said in my head calmly.

Next day in school

Fasher Skywalker was walking around in school and when he saw me, he smiled at me and walked towards me. "Hey, Fasher. Good Morning," I greeted him with a smile. "Hey Ara, I mean Arabella. Good Morning. You don't mind me calling you Ara right?" Fasher asked while laughing. "Yeah sure No problem," I replied before Fasher gave me and hug and went off saying, "I'll see you during recess,"

"Woah, my heart is beating really fast," I said to myself while holding my chest, feeling my heart beat rapidly before my friends, Raegina and Punitha came along. "Come on, Arabella or else we will be late for the assembly," Punitha said while pushing me. "Did Fasher say anything to you?" Raegina asked while walking beside me.

"Well, he said he will meet me during recess so yeah," I said unconfidently. "I see. Well, good luck girl," Raegina said before walking to her class.

During class, all I could think about is my feeling for Fasher. Do I really like him? "Ugh!" I shouted and everyone in the class stared at me strangely. "Arabella Diamante, are you alright?" My teacher asked me as she looks at me strangely. "Hehe, Sorry, I am alright. Something weird just popped in my mind," I told my teacher before I sat back down, full of embarrassment.

Recess

Fasher Skywalker

"Hey Ara, I didn't know what you'd like so I just bought this for you," I said while handing Arabella a plate of rice but I made it into a heart shape. "Oh wow, Thanks. That's sweet," Arabella said while taking the plate and testing it. "How is it?" I asked, waiting for an answer. "Mm, it's really delicious," Ara replied with a smile. "Hehe, Glad you liked it. Well, I got to go now. I'll chat with you tonite," I said and gave Arabella a kiss on the cheeks before I left. It was quite crowded in the cafeteria so no one noticed.

Arabella Diamante

My heart was beating even faster than before now. I held my cheek and thought for a moment, like what just happened. As school finish, I went home and when I checked my phone and there was a message from Fasher.

"Hey Ara, Are you home? I was just asking,"

I replied immediately, telling him not worry about me.

"Yeah, I just arrived. Thx for the concern,"

Although I replied to him, I was having trouble deciding my feelings for him. I had asked my friends for help. I couldn't figure out on my own whether I liked him or not. I had told my friends my problem and including my otherworldly friend, Liana Von Diamante. She was not any normal friend anyone knew, she had saved me from danger once so we were quite close and it was a coincidence we shared a name together.

"Why don't you try dating him first? Since you can't decide now, you try it first. Maybe after that, you will know what your heart truly feels," That is what Liana told me. She's right, I don't know what my heart is feeling right now and if I can't decide, I might be hurting him. "He may be straightforward but he is expressing his inner emotions," Liana said that as an opinion about Fasher.

At this point of the story, you can choose between two endings. You decide the ending of this chapter.

#1. Accept the Love

"I've made up my mind. I'll accept him. He's sweet, charming and caring. I don't want to hurt him," I told Liana after I made up my decision. "I see, at least you have made up your mind," Liana replied to me. Fasher was happy that I accepted him and we celebrated Valentines together. He gifted me chocolates and we were going out this Saturday on our first date.

#2. Deny the Love

"I'm really sorry, Fasher. I am just not ready for this relationship right now. I am sorry I've wasted your time. I am just not ready for love and maybe in the future, we can be together," I said to Fasher, feeling bad because I had to reject him.

"Hey, no problem. Maybe I was just too rushing as well but I understand, I can't expect a girl to accept my love all of a sudden but we're still friends," Fasher replied to me. I feel so bad. I felt like his heart is breaking into a million pieces but it was my only choice. Liana told me not to worry because I was just following my heart. Fasher would understand.