Onslaught of the Twin Blades

Kagawa Mizuki's Story

Kagawa & Nemesis's room

Kagawa Mizuki was in his dorm room, staring off pointlessly at the wall, perhaps thinking of something when a tear ran down his cheek. "Kagawie? Are you okay?" Nemesis asked as she took a seat beside Kagawa. "It's ..." Kagawa tried to reply but in vain when Nemesis noticed his calendar 8th of August marked with a birthday cake.

"Is it someone's birthday?" Nemesis asked with a frown. "Today is my younger twin sister's birthday and at the same time, the day they died," Kagawa said with tears running down his cheek. 

"I'm sorry but tell me what happened. It will at least make you feel better," Nemesis said as she tries to comfort Kagawa. 

"I was the first child of the Kagawa Household and I had twin sisters. Their name was Lariel and Kanna. My sisters were born with powers. Lariel had the blessings of fairies while Kanna had the curse of demons but that didn't separate us at all. We were still happy.

However, a tragic accident struck Lariel and Kanna..." Kagawa explained with a sad tone in his voice. "They died," Nemesis continued. "What happened afterward?" Nemesis asked as she followed Kagawa to the Grand Court.

Grand Court

"I missed them every day but I know they are never coming back," Kagawa said as he took a seat at the stair way with Nemesis behind him. "On my 16th birthday, my mother suffered from an incurable disease and died. My mother gave me this watch before she died, telling me that my sister's souls were in it," Kagawa said as he held the watch he was talking about in his hands.

"As I continue my school life, I was teased and blamed for my sister's death and on top of all that, My father abandoned my mother and me but I never found out why," Kagawa said as he clenched his fist in anger.

Kagawa was still lamenting the memory of his sister's and mother when an unknown man appeared in front of them. He was wearing a brown torn cloak and he had dark red hair and a strange tattoo on his left arm. 

Kagawa immediately stood up after using the man. "That tattoo. Only one person would have it!" Kagawa said as the man took off his hood, revealing his face.

"Who is he, Kagawa?" Nemesis asked as she stood up in surprise. "Non-Grandians shouldn't be able to enter the Academy but how did you?" Kagawa asked seriously. "Because I have the blood of a grandian demon," the man answered.

"He is my father, Mazaka Mizuki," Kagawa answered as he walked down the stairs while summoning his swords. "Equip! Heaven's Blade!" Kagawa equipped a long silver rapier with a feather protruding out from the hilt.

"Your father?!" Nemesis asked in shocked. While Nemesis was still in shock, Liana saw everything from inside the Academy. 

Cosmin's Office

Liana was going through piles of files, searching for a student's bio. "Liana? Who's file are you searching for?" Cosmin asked as she rearranged all the chaotic files back to their shelves. 

"I'm looking for Kagawa's file. His father came," Liana said but her smile faded away. "He didn't seem happy to see his father so I thought there might be some history written in his file but there seems to be nothing here," Liana said as she returns Kagawa's file.

"I hope you find his problem soon," Cosmin said as Liana left her office. Afraid how the appearance of his father might disturb him, Liana requested Nemesis's assistance. 

"I'll help him no matter what it takes!" That was Nemesis's reply when Liana asked for her help.

Kagawa & Nemesis's room