What an introvert is/ Signs you are one

An introvert is someone that 'recharges their batteries' when they are alone. They most likely like to be around people, but they can feel socially drained. They are also introspective, which means they willingly look into their own thoughts and feelings, their inner self basically. They basically thrive in alone time (or with a few friends). They also prefer quality over quality when it comes to friends. They also are very great observers.

 Before y'all go crazy on me, calling me biased, there are a lot of introvert types. Here are some examples:

Social Introverts: These people are probably the second-closeest to the introvert stereotype. These people prefer to hang out with a few people or no groups at all. These people also prefer solitude

Restrained Introverts: These people are also called reserved introverts. These introverts operate at a slower pace, thinking before they act.

Anxious Introverts: These kinds of introverts might retreat into solitude because they feel weird and very self-conscious when around people. However, that might not fade when they're all alone. They might go over what could of/already have gone wrong.

Thinking Introverts: These people are introspective, thoughtful, and self-reflective. They are capable of getting lost in their own fantasy world( not in a bad way though).

And much more!!!!

Might I also add that there can be combinations of introvert types.

Okay, here are some signs that you might be an introvert:

You find small talk incredibly cumbersome.

Introverts are notoriously small talk-phobic, as they find idle chatter to be a source of anxiety, or at least annoyance. For many quiet types, chitchat can feel disingenuous.

"Let's clear one thing up: Introverts do not hate small talk because we dislike people," Laurie Helgoe writes in "We hate small talk because we hate the barrier it creates between people."

 You go to parties -– but not to meet people.

If you're an introvert, you may sometimes enjoy going to parties, but chances are, you're not going because you're excited to meet new people. At a party, most introverts would rather spend time with people they already know and feel comfortable around. If you happen to meet a new person that you connect with, great — but meeting people is rarely the goal.

You often feel alone in a crowd.

Ever feel like an outsider in the middle of social gatherings and group activities, even with people you know?

"If you tend to find yourself feeling alone in a crowd, you might be an introvert," says Dembling. "We might let friends or activities pick us, rather than extending our own invitations."

Networking makes you feel like a phony.

Networking (read: small-talk with the end goal of advancing your career) can feel particularly disingenuous for introverts, who crave authenticity in their interactions.

"Networking is stressful if we do it in the ways that are stressful to us," Dembling says, advising introverts to network in small, intimate groups rather than at large mixers.

You've been called "too intense."

Do you have a penchant for philosophical conversations and a love of thought-provoking books and movies? If so, you're a textbook introvert.