Chapter 4

It was a late night I decided to go to bed still no text back from Tanner. I sat my phone down rather hard on the nightstand. I walked over turning off the lights and laying down. It began to grow silent, the sound of the air moving around the room began to grow louder. I felt a little scared at first, I don't know why. I heard a loud knock on my window causing me to jump up off the bed. This has to be a joke, my room is on the second story. I turned on my light as the knock happened again, I quickly grabbed my sneaker next to me off the floor next to me it wouldn't have done much but it was something.
"Mia, hurry up" I heard a voice come outside from the window. It sounded familiar.
I walked over opening the blinds "tanner?"
I opened the window "what are you doing here."
"I got your text" he smiled stepping in my room from off a tree.
"You climbed up that?" I paused looking down out the window. "A simple yeah back wouldn't have been good?"
"Yeah but what's the fun in that?" He raised his eyebrow looking around my room.
"That wasn't funny, I could have seriously hurt you. I had a sneaker I was not afraid to use." I said finding myself the only one laughing. I looked over to see Tanner looking at my bulletin board with the list, pictures, and the necklace hanging up. "Oh I-"
"This is a major throw back." He laughed tapping the necklace as it swayed.
"Yeah.." I sat on my bed.
"Nice." He said taking the list down and reading it "what if we did a part two?"
I laughed "yeah right." I rolled my eyes playfully as he looked down the list with a smile on his face.
"I remember all of these." His dimples began to show.
"I would hope so, kinda important." I shrugged.
"Yeah" he said putting the list back up.
"But yeah I came to tell you yes."
"Yes?" I questioned.
"Yes, I want to be best friends ." He smiled
I began to laugh "go home fox."
"Goodnight Mia." He said opening up the window.
"Goodnight Tanner." I slightly smiled as he climbed out the window and down the tree.
I got on my phone scrolling through social media for a little before getting up to shut the window and finally get some sleep.
I fell right to sleep and woke up with a text from beau.
'B: let's hang today, just you and me :)'
'M: sounds good!'
I sent with a smile stretching then getting up. My phone buzzed again.
'B: lunch?'
When I went to reply I saw a text appear at the top of my phone from Tanner.
'T: lunch? me you and Daniella?'
I rolled my eyes sending yes to beau
Then went to Tanners message
'M: and be the third wheel? No thanks!'
'T: your loss ;)'
'M: don't be too flirty fox, don't want to piss off your gf'
I sent rolling my eyes and getting up going the the bathroom to get ready. I began to sing sweater weather as I applied my makeup and fixed my hair, I walked into my closet picking out a nice tank with jean shorts and sandals. I walked out looking in the mirror then texting beau.
'M: I'm already ready, if you want to come pick me up :)'
He replied quickly.
'B: omw'
I smiled walking out of my room being greeted by Charlie.
"Hey baby." I bent down to pet him "how are you?" I talked to him as if he was a little human kid "I love you I love you I love you, too bad you were given to me by a heartbreaker" I shrugged "but I still love you." I laughed as he licked my cheek.
I stood up walking over to my moms room to see her in bed on her phone.
"I'm going to go hang out with beau." I smiled.
"Oo beau, don't have too much fun." He smirked.
"Mommm, I won't its not like that." I laughed.
"Oh right, Jake right?" He raised her eyebrow.
"Noooo, mom." I rolled my eyes
"Alrightttt." she said messing with me as I walked off.
I walked into the kitchen getting a glass of water and taking a drink from it.
'B: here'
I walked out of the kitchen and out the front door. I jogged over to his car getting in.
"Where to?" He asked.
"In and out, of course." I buckled up.
"I'm sorry, you know what you want to eat for once? I'm proud." He joked.
I began to laugh. "I know shocking."
We drove off over to in and out, we walked in and I instantly began to think of that time Tanner and Jake walked in and out of here as a joke. I shook my head in frustration.
"Everything okay?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." I lied walking in as we waited in line to order. I faced beau as we began to talk.
"Did you hear about the shark attack that happened down a-" I began as he stopped me.
"Uhhh Mia... don't look now but your ex is here." He said nervously.
"Tanner?" I spoke softly.
He nodded his head.
I rolled my eyes turning around meeting face to face with him. I looked back at beau "damn you didn't say he was that close." I commented and turned back.
"Looks like you met me for lunch anyway, how about you two join us?" He asked.
"No I-" i began
"Yeah sure, long time no see." Beau said pulling him in for a bro hug.
I looked at beau with an angry face.
"What?" He shrugged.
Tanner went to go sit down as we ordered our food and sat across from them. Daniella was all over him, her arm was wrapped around his like a watch even while eating she wouldn't let him go.
"So Mia, I haven't seen you in the past few years." Daniella pointed out.
"Yeah, what even happened?" I chuckled.
"I have no idea, but we need to hang soon." She smiled.
"Of course." I smiled when I really meant 'no you back stabbing bitch'
She softly smiled back and it began to grow quiet as Tanner and beau watched us.
"Well Tanner we better go, we have so much to do today." She said starting to get up.
"I haven't even finished eating." He said looking down at his half eaten food.
"Tanner" she spat with wife eyes.
"Coming." He rolled his eyes.
He got up throwing away his food, I could see how upset he was on his face. I just know him too well, he isn't happy at all..
///
368 notifications... dang!! Well so much has happened since I left I guess I've never really had time but I've always thought about this book and how I need to finish this sequel!! Enjoy!