The Dream

Chapter 2

"Katherine" Elena gasped. "What are you doing here?".
"Hello Elena, good to see you too" Katherine smirked.
Elena sped over to Katherine and pinned her to the wall by her throat. "Don't make jokes. Your not a vampire any more, and being funny doesn't look good on you" Elena threatened.
Katherine laughed as she gasped for air. "I may not be a vampire any more but I am still cleverer and older than you"

Elena released her grip and chuckles at Katherine's threat. "You really think you can still take me on?" Elena asked not wanting any answer from Katherine. "You can't Katherine, not since I forced that cue down your throat and make sure you could never harm anyone easily any more."

Katherine sat on Elena's bed. "Where's your BFFs?". Katherine said mockingly. "Off having adventures while your here all alone." Katherine pulled a fake sad face. "Poor, innocent Elena"

Elena looked at her feet. She felt tears forming in her eyes. No. She stopped herself. She would not cry in front of Katherine. She would never let her see the weak side of her. "Where's Damon? Did he abandon you?". Tears started falling down Elena's cheeks. She could stop them this time.
"Why didn't you ask about where Stefan was?". Elena said curiously then she got hopeful. "Do you know where he is?"

Now it was Katherine's turn to cry. She hadn't seen Stefan for a while. At least she could see him in her dreams. Which recently had turned to nightmares. She didn't want to think about Stefan burning like she always saw in her dreams. She would not admit to herself that that could actually be happening.
"That is the reason I came here. I wanted to talk to you about the dreams I have been having."

Elena was curious. "What had been happening in your dreams?'
"He is burning, outside a..."
"... Bar." Elena finished Katherine's sentence.
"Have we been having the exact same dream?" Katherine asked astonished.
"I think we have been. But that means that there might be some truth in what we are seeing."

The two enemies both had tears rolling down their faces and looked into each others eyes as they realised that Stefan might be dead already. But they were both determined to find out if he was and if so, get revenge.