The Roadtrip

Chapter 3

"Get in" Elena demanded from Katherine. It was just after sunrise and Katherine was still shaken after what had been found out last night. Katherine stumbled into Elena's car and looked Elena in the eyes. Last night Katherine had heard Elena crying herself to sleep, even without her old hearing powers. Now the only thing in Elena's eyes was anger and a hint of fear. Katherine put her hand on Elena's hand. "Stefan is going to be alright, we are going to save him and then you can tell him how you feel". Elena looked at Katherine, tears filling in her eyes as she realised that for once Katherine would be there for her. Once they found Stefan and he was safe, Elena would help Katherine, she knew how but only now did she feel that Katherine deserved to learn how to live again. 

Gasping. Stefan Salvatore woke up suddenly. He looked around the room he has awaken in. Where was he. It didn't matter. The hunger had just kicked in. He felt the empty veins in him dry up. He felt his throat go like sandpaper. He couldn't breath. He needed blood. Just when he thought this, a glass of blood was put into his hand. He didn't even look at whoever had given him it, it just drank it. He sighed in relief. The blood made his throat go warm. The warmth spread all over his body. Only then did he look at the woman.

Elena watched as Katherine slept. They had had to stop and rent a room at a motel. Elena couldn't sleep. She knew that if you did, that Stefan would be there and she couldn't bear to see him in pain. She loved him more than ever but he didn't know. He had to find out. She would die for him.

Katherine stirred at 9 o'clock. Elena had already filled the car up and bought some food for the journey. They hit the road by 10 o'clock.

"Thank you" Stefan pronounced to the woman.

The woman smiled, her eyes sparkling like a diamond.

She looked unreal, literally unbelievable. She must be supernatural.

"Stefan Salvatore" She smoothly pronounced stirring a pot of the stove. "You look like him but act so differently."

"How do you know who I am?" Stefan asked confused wondering how he got there.

"I've been watching you for a long time. You are different from the monster that is your doppelganger. I've been watching you from the other side for your whole existence. Poor you, that Katherine-slut broke your heart then Elena tore it apart once you had put it back together again."

Stefan launched at her. "Do not talk about Elena"

"You love her. Don't worry she will come and will be safe. I need both of you alive."

Stefan sighed in distress and relief. At least she would be safe.

As the Woman walked away, she mumbled "For now."