1x02: All Your Fault

Five months ago, Mona Vanderwaal had supposedly been murdered... But now that Spencer, Hanna, Emily and Aria knew that Ali wasn't guilty, the question was: who did it? Spencer thought she knew the answer: it was totally Andrew. After much thought, she'd come to the conclusion that it had to be him. As it turned out, whatever happened to her was the work of someone much closer to her. Someone very close to home. Hanna, Aria and Emily had all gotten the same follow-up text shortly after the one saying that what had happened was all their fault.

"She knew too much - A," the message said. Mona had once told Spencer that she knew answers to questions Spencer hadn't even asked. Mona had known the person who kidnapped her for a while... She had worked with them before. She had been on the A team with them before. It was Toby. When he had attacked her, he was wearing a wig. You see, Toby was transgender. He wanted to be Alison, he envied her so much... But his fear of his sister also caused him to shy away from embracing his true identity as a transgender female; so he went by the pronouns of 'he' and 'him' and he wasn't out to anyone except for Jenna, who swore she'd take his secret to the grave... And she did. Literally, when Noel Kahn murdered her on the train on Halloween night. His only motive was the fact that he was a sick fuck and an abusive asshole. He didn't get away with what he did. Noel was sentenced to life in prison. He went to the same jail that Ali was in. Mona knew what no one else did about Toby: that he was Alison's fraternal twin. He couldn't let her spread that news to everyone. It would certainly destroy him. It would ruin everything. Spencer would doubt him, and all of his plans to protect her and the trouble he'd gone to to build the dollhouse would be for nothing... So he kidnapped her and locked her away in the dollhouse. It would be fine. He didn't intend to get rid of her. She was his puppet. His doll... He turned her into Alison. Made her dye her hair blonde and everything. Fed her a bare minimum of food and made her survive on pills and juice. No one knew where to find her. They knew that her body was missing, and some of them had a hunch that because of this, there was a chance that she was still alive. They couldn't figure it out, though. Aria, Emily and Hanna. Those judgmental bitches. They looked down on him from the moment they each first met him. Never even gave him a chance... But Spencer? Spencer was different. Spencer understood him. Spencer got what it was like for him because she was so different, too... In fact, she was so different that she really wasn't like anyone else at their school. And Elle? Elle was fucking wild. Elle was Spencer at her best. Toby remembered the first time he and Elle had slept together in vivid detail. It was a night he would never forget.

 It was a night he would never forget

"Oh, Toby..." said Elle, moaning with pleasure as he passionately bit her neck. Sometimes Toby wondered if he was only with Spencer because Elle was so daring and full of excitement... But no, he loved Spencer. He would do anything for her.

*A work in progress*