Chapter 24 pt.2

Shizuo's POV

I let the smoke spill out of my lips as I tapped the cigarette onto the ash tray on top of Izaya's nightstand. We ended up having sex after all, after a hasty meal of over done pasta. I let my gaze fall to his naked form and guilty slide my hand up his spine, fingers running up the bony knobs. I smile as he lets out a small noise from his slumber and shifts onto his side his arms falling out in front of him.

Red on white. Just like his eyes.

I almost drop the cigarette, but manage to set it in the tray before sitting up on my legs. My fingers reach out to brush against his wrist. Small cuts line the pale skin, some scarred some freshly scabbed. I felt my lips start to tremble. What the hell is this? A... a cat. That's all probably. I hold my breath as I turn over his other arm. Inhaling quickly, I yank my hand back.

Red on white.

I take a deep breath before getting out of bed. I look at him again, but not in lust like a few minutes earlier. With pain. The way his ribs poked out and his eyes bag like they hadn't slept in days, and of course, the pain echoed on his skin.

"Izaya..." I murmured under my breath. Why? Why would he do that? Does it have something to do with that medication I found earlier? "Izaya." I said a bit louder. How long has this been happening? Has he done...that before? "Izaya!" I shout suddenly, surprising even myself.

He jolted awake, coming up to a sitting position. "Damn... what?" He paused to smirk. "Another round already...?" He broke off as he saw my expression. "What is it?" He slipped out of the bed, slowly moving toward me. "What's going on?"

"You tell me." I gritted out through my teeth.

"I don't know what you mean-"

I grabbed his wrist, causing a yelp to blurt from his lips. "You know exactly what I mean! What the hell is this?"

He licked his lips before biting them. "You don't understand.."

"Make me understand then!" I shouted, stepping forward, my grip getting tighter.

"Ow, Shizuo, stop! It hurts!"

I clenched my jaw tight before slowly letting go of his arm. He held it close to his chest, his breath heaving with fear and pain.

"Why?" I hissed out, my own breath starting to pant. "Why would you do such a thing?"

"It... it's not that big of a deal." He looked away, biting his bottom lip. He looked scared. In pain.

"Do you think I'm a fucking idiot?" I growled out. My breath had gotten hot, my fists clenching up again. I wanted to hit something. I looked at him. I could just punch him out. Teach him a lesson.

My reason comes in quicker than you would think.

I let out a shaky breath. "Izaya. Promise."

"Promise?" Izaya frowned a bit, his thin black brows knotting together. "What..?"

"This." I let my hand fall loose to stroke the back of his arm. "Don't do it again. Ever." I lowered my head a bit. "I'll get you some help. Okay?"

Izaya's lips parted a bit. "Help...?" He started to look sleepy, dazed is probably a better word. His eyes seemed unclear and unfocused. "For what?"

"For fucks sake Izaya.." I was unable to hold back a sigh of exasperation. "Those pill bottles. They weren't even open! Are you supposed to take it? Are you? Depressed?"

His jaw trembled and he tried to hold back the tears glimmering in his eyes. "I... I don't know.."

"Izaya." I touched his cheek and made my voice firm. "Promise."

Izaya's eyes finally let loose of the tears they've been so stubbornly holding back. His breath started coming out fast as his tears fell hot on his cheeks. "Shizuo.." He shivered back a sob. "Shizuo...!" He blurted and suddenly hugged me tight. He rubbed his face against my chest, his tears wetting my shirt as he muttered my name between shaky cries.

He's not like that anymore. He's never cried in front of me since. He's cold and harsh, snarky and sarcastic. Strong. To others he's the strongest. Maybe the strongest in Ikebukuro.

But I still remember him this way. Weak, crying in my arms. Unable to keep himself up much longer.

I was the only one who could keep him standing. Only one who could keep him from falling.

But I wasn't there.

And he finally fell.

A/N: So the first time I posted this, it wasn't even completed!! Thank you so much to TwentyOneShizayas for pointing this out! Please enjoy this chapter, and I apologize for the late update.