Chapter 20

A/N: Trigger Warning

Izaya's POV

My hands travel the dark wood of the dresser, fingers finding the key under the lip of the first drawer. I calmly unlock the drawer to the little box, and place the key back in it's hiding spot. I'm surprised I still remember so well. It's been so long. I slowly open the drawer, the treasures inside causing tears to prick my eyes in memory. No. No tears. No crying, damn it! I snatch up one of the pieces of metal and run back to my bed. Its better if its here. Its warm...and soft. I wouldn't mind dying here to be truthful. But that's not what we're here for. I move the razor blade with my fingertips, the light above me catching the metal and causing a glare in my vision. I rub my wrist with the back of my hand. So smooth...so pale... I hold my breath as I press the blade against my skin, immediately feeling that familiar prick. I let out a sharp inhale as my hand quickly swipes it across the vein. My chest starts to tremble as I press it back to my skin. I'm not even bleeding yet. I push harder, making sure its deep this time, and slowly glide it over my wrist, that scarlet color almost instantly welling up on my parchment white skin. I gasp at the feeling, my chest feeling lighter and heavier at the same time.

I just want to feel better.

I feel my hands trembling as I make my way down my arm, the cuts already swelling and clotting. I need them deeper.

I want to feel better so badly.

If I can get them just deep enough, maybe I can finally forget. Forget everything.

My parents.

Shiki.

Even Shizuo.

Maybe if I hadn't been born at all it would be better, for everyone.

I cry out in pain as my fingers slip, causing the metal to slice deep down my arm. My lip trembles as I gaze at the blood oozing out of the slit.

If it just kept bleeding, would it be better?

If I kept bleeding,

If I kept cutting,

If I kept

Dying

Would things be better?