Chapter 16 - 35

Chapter 16: A Single Academy

The reason why the elder woman was shocked was because she knew how prideful and indifferent the black goat was. It was raised by Lady Mo Yan herself. It liked cleanliness so much that it became a strange habit that only the unique Unicorns could rival. Not to mention that the wild grass was grown around the lake. The goat wouldn't even look at the food that royal relatives carefully prepare for it much less this type of grass. But at this moment, it just accepted the wild grass from the newly met youngster and ate it!

What the old woman saw next was even more shocking to her. After the black goat finished the wild grass, it didn't leave but instead it rubbed its head against the palm of the youngster. It seemed to like the touch of the young boy.

Why is this? The elder woman wrinkled her eyebrows slightly and walked to the lake with the aid of her wooden cane. Looking at the youngster sitting in front of the black goat, she noticed the naturally friendly aura around him. Her mood settled a little, but immediately became insecure. A person who could calm her down like this could be of danger. She had to be alert around him.

Chen Chang Sheng stood up and looked at the elder woman "Madam, is this your goat?"

The elder lady squinted her eyes slightly, "Do you know who I am?"

Chen Chang Sheng was a little surprised, "No, I do not."

The elder lady asked indifferently, "Then why did you call me Madam?"

Chen Chang Sheng was confused. he thought 'How else can I address a lady of her age? The woman in the carriage of General's Mansion was a madam. The dish washer in the tavern was a madam. Even the chief on the boat was madam. There are countless madams in the world, what is the difference?'

The elder woman saw his confused expression and realized that she thought too much. She realized that her alertness toward the youngster was unnecessary. She couldn't resist but wrinkle her eyebrows again and felt that something was wrong. She knew that the alertness and indifference present in the few exchanges of lines were originated from her liking of the youngster.

This young boy was so ordinary but it was easy for people to be attracted to him. The black goat and herself were both attracted to him easily. Why was this?

The elder woman looked at the ruined buildings and thought back to the glorious days of this place. She also thought of the bloody and horrific stories behind it. When she thought of the specialty of this youngster, the insecurity in her heart grew stronger. She decided not to waste anymore time and said directly, "You can call me Madam Ning."

Chen Chang Sheng bowed and greeted, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Madam Ning."

Madam Ning said, "If you knew that the reason Starseeker Academy didn't accept you was me, do you still think it is still a pleasure?"

The cold air of early spring spread when the wind blew across the dense grass. All was silent.

Chen Chang Sheng straightened his back and looked at the elder lady. He was surprised. Yesterday, Tang Thirty Six said in the tavern that the General Mansion had no power to influence the Starseeker Academy and his result was the command of someone in the royal palace. And this Madam Ning.....Was she the one?

"You dare to hold that marriage vow and walk around the capital. I don't know if you are truly brave or just an idiot." Madam Ning said expressionlessly.

Chen Chang Sheng remained silent for a while, "No one cares about me besides the General's Mansion."

Madam Ning said "If people knew that you are the fiance of the Phoenix girl, millions of people will come to murder you."