Tsuki Higa

"Everyone settle down, I know you're all excited for you all will be graduating soon, but I need to take roll!" Iruka-sensei shouted over the bickering children. The kids began to quiet down and head back to their assigned seats. From the very back corner was a quiet girl with vibrant red hair and glowing red eyes. She arrived in Konoha about six years ago, in the arms of one of their top fledge shinobi; Kakashi Hatake. She seemed traumatized and kept out of sight, locked away in her new home the Hokage decided to give her.

Everyone pitied her, she hated the pity.

She knew of Sasuke Uchiha for his clan was destroyed years after hers and the clown of her class, Naruto Uzumaki, for he's been very persistent on getting her attention, but she's made it very clear she wasn't interested. As years past on without any signs of her elder sister, Tsuki lost all hope and her heart only grew darker, and that worried the Third greatly. He's been keeping a low profile and asking Kakashi and Asuma to monitor the young girl, hoping her behavior hasn't changed.

She wasn't her cheerful self before she moved here.

"Tsuki, can you come here child?" The Third called out to Tsuki who was sitting by the window, gazing out towards the villagers who seemed overjoyed. They didn't have to worry about a single thing, they only live their lives out hiding in the shadows. But none the less Tsuki stood from the window and paddled her way towards the old man. He grunted from his old age as he placed her in his lap, "What's got you so troubled?"

She didn't speak for a few seconds, opening and closing her mouth. He sighed, "I can get Kakashi or Asuma to take you to the park, if that's what-"

"What's happiness?" Tsuki questioned. Her voice was so quiet he almost missed her question.

"Well," He stroked his beard, "Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. There is a lot of difference ways on how to feel happiness my dear child,"

"So, are the villagers happy?"

"Well I do hope so," He chuckled.

"Why did my family have to die Grandpa?" Her voice wavered and he pulled her closer in a hug.

"Not all of your family is gone Tsuki. Have hope that Yuki is somewhere out there, that some of the other villagers in your village escaped. Family isn't only defined by blood, but also by close friends, others that you care about. Remember that alright?"

She gave a weak smile before cuddling in his side.

As she brought herself back to reality, a thud was heard from the front of the room. Tsuki brought her gaze towards the front of the classroom and scoffed as she noticed Naruto was tied up in rope for the third time this week.

He's such a idiot... She thought as Iruka-sensei began to lecture him.

"Listen Naruto, you failed the last final exam and the one before that. You shouldn't be fooling around like this!" He scolded but Naruto only looked away without interest.

That only made Iruka more angry, "We're going to have a review test over the transformation jutsu! Those who already passed will have to line up as well!"

Everyone in the classroom groaned and yelled in protest as they all got up and began to line up in the front of the class. Tsuki rolled her eyes and got in front of Sasuke. The two related on so many levels, they even used to be somewhat 'friends' but Sasuke grew colder and more distant. Tsuki knew his older brother, and she believed he was the one who killed his whole clan. The young red headed girl watched as Sakura Haruno, one of Sasukes' fan girls performed into Iruka-sensei perfectly.