***It was Brenda***

He was right but I didn't respond to his message. I placed my phone in my bag because it was almost time for me to lock the cafe, so I quickly cleaned the tables and sweep the floors.

James had already taken out the garbage while he was leaving and was grateful for that.. he saved me the trouble. when ever Mr Perry isn't here am the one who closes the shop.

I decided not to change out of my work clothes since am not coming back to work until next week because I ask for time off to study for my exams. "I really need to study I need the scholarship." I said to myself.

My house is four blocks away from my work place. It's almost winter here in Delaware it's getting very cold and I didn't take my jacket with me.

luckily am almost home. I reached into my bag for my keys and walked up to my step. as i was about to pull out my keys I felt someone gave me a hard pull, my heart was thumping against my chest. then a voice said "did I scare you muffin.?"

Then he spoke again "I told you I wanted to see you and I don't like when you don't listen to me." He said in my hears.

Anger was building up inside me and I gave him a bitch slap in his face he covered it and laugh then he gave me a serious look then said...

"You have to start treating me better muffin or I will let him die."

I felt a pain in my heart when he said those words I felt the tears coming but I held it back, didn't want him to see me crying. then he walked up to me, I could see his face from the light that was coming from the living room, he had a little smirk on his face.

He then leaned towards me for a kiss and I turned my head, walked up the steps and open the door. Before I went inside he said remember you need me muffin and laughed. I shut the door and walked up to my room suddenly my eyes got blurry with my tears.
I went to bed and curled up like a ball and let out all my tears until my pillow case was soaking wet.

Didn't know when I fell asleep all I knew was that it was morning and my clothes changed and my eyes were swollen. "did mom changed my clothes??."

I questioned myself and a note was on my study table says sorry she's not there to eat breakfast with me but she's made my favorite pancakes and sausage with eggs.

I ran out of bed as fast as possible I was starving. while running down stairs I knocked over a picture frame off the coffee table that had a photo of me and Leo graduating from
kindergarten we looked so cute together I was so little I had dark brown hair with bright glassy eyes with a tangy complexion and Leo had dark hair and speckle skin, and the kids use to make fun of him about it.

Now I could see that I have matured a lot. I changed my hair color to look like my moms because i got my dads hair. I also have tried tanning to change my complexion but my natural color always seems to come back some how.

before my family and I moved here we were living in Connecticut,I had a great childhood as far as I could remember but we had to move here because mom got a better job as a real estate agent. And for my dad he is in the hospital, just thinking about him makes me sad.

The door bell woke me out of my thoughts and gave me a fright so i place back the picture frame on the coffee table and rush to see who it was. i unlocked the door and to discover that it was my best friend Brenda.

I was so surprised i hopped in her arms like a little frog and squeezed her, With a big grin on my face that reaches all the way to my ears.

"May i come inside now"? she asked while grabbing her suitcase.

"Of course u can silly" and gave her another huge hug, I closed the door and we walked up stairs to my room. We haven't seen each other for two years and I had a lot of things to tell her.