Chapter 7

The awkwardness had eased after that night. The tenderness that the Witcher had shown surprised you, you had always heard that they were emotionless killers, incapable of showing sympathy. But clearly that was wrong. You wonder what else you have heard about Witchers is wrong.

You both were currently walking through the market. You had a basket of various food goods tucked in your elbow. Geralt carried the sack of flour for you. He had helped you purchase your small bit of groceries with what coin he had. His life out on the path had left him with meager spending money, if he had any extra at all. You tried convincing him not to help out with the groceries, but he insisted that he should help out. Perhaps he felt guilty having you take care of him without any compensation?

No matter his reasons, you were glad to have his company. Normally your husband would have left you to go to the market by yourself, anything to deal with cooking or cleaning was woman's work to him and he'd have nothing to do with it if he could. So it was nice to have someone go with you. It was a beautiful day out, perfect for getting out and walking around. Not to mention, its good for Geralt to get out moving again as his wounds were healing. He wanted to try working out to keep up his fitness, but you wouldn't let him. You were too scared that he'd rip a stitch and reopen a wound, but you'd at least let him walk around today.

Geralt suddenly stopped you by putting his arm in front of you. "Hold on." Two kids went rushing across the pathway in front of you, they would have ran into you if it wasn't for Geralt stopping you in time.

"How did you know they were going to do that? I didn't even see them" you asked, surprised.

"I didn't see them, I heard them coming. I could hear their footsteps coming this way."

"How did you hear that?!"

"Witchers have stronger hearing than normal humans."

Oh yeah... that... sometimes you forgot that he was a Witcher. The more you got to him, the less and less you thought of him as a Witcher and more like a regular man. Because the more you got to know him, the more you realized that he is like an ordinary man. He's not an emotionless, savage killer that all the books seemed to like to portray Witchers as.

"Oh yeah... thank you for catching me before I bumped into them."

He just nodded in response.

"We should probably get back home so we can put the food away, as much as I'd love to stay out here a bit longer. It's beautiful out today."

"It is, but you're right. We should get back."

You startled him slightly by locking your free elbow with his, even though he didn't let his surprise show. You smiled up at him "let's go!"

....

Sorry that it's so short, this was mostly a filler and development chapter. Next one should be longer, especially if what I have in mind works out for the plot that is being developed.

Thanks for reading! ♡