Part 14

"Thanks," I say as he lay me on one of the beds. "How's Fandral?" I ask Volstagg who's coming over to see what's wrong with me.

As one of the healer's works on my side Volstagg answers. "He's fine, flirting with one of the healer's as they're working on him. How are you?"

"I'm ok, just a few cuts," I say causing the healer to huff in annoyance at my blatant lie. When they took my armor off to search for any more injuries  they discovers my back and sides are covered with bruises and small cuts from being shoved around too hard. They also found one of my ribs to be fractured.

"Where is Thor?" Sif comes over and asks.

"Banished," Loki replies for me, I turn my head to the side to watch what the healer is doing. I can't look at my friends as their surprise turns into curiosity. His own father, our king, banished our bother and friend, the warriors three and Sif where bombarding us with questions about why he was banished and when he'll be back. Loki answer them graciously and smoothly as the healer's work on me.

"You know they say the healing process is supposed to be unpleasant, not hurt like a bitch," I joke through gritted teeth at the healer to which he only gave a small chuckle. Only the king has access to magic healers who make the process go by in a blink of an eye, true healer like this are few and far in-between.

While they were healing me, Loki took my hand which helped as I concentrated on squeezing it instead of the pain coursing through my abdomen. Through the hour long treatment he held my hand rubbing smooth circles onto the back of it with his thumb. When they let me go it was night time and after all the fighting, healing, and banishment I grew tired and hungry.

I start to lean against Loki because I'm so tired, without saying a word he again picks me up and carries me to his chambers. He calls for food and when it arrived we eat on the couch. "It's been a while since I've been in here and absolutely nothing has changed."

"Really? I thought it has changed much in the years."

I laugh and shake my head "You're looking at the furniture and wall colors, I'm talking about the books thrown everywhere."

He took a second to look around the room "I suppose it is a bit messy."

"Loki," I say taking his hand. "It looks like it hasn't been tidied in years." His laugh breaks my serious façade and I laugh with him. This makes me lift my hand to his check and run my thumbs across his cheekbones, I could sit here all day just marveling at how beautiful he is. I think about kissing him and I remember Thor and my promise to him. I wonder what will happen now that he's gone.

"What's troubling you?" Loki asks as he takes my hand off him face, kisses my hand, and hold it close to his face.

"I was thinking about Thor," I whisper causing a flash of disappointment to cross Loki's face for a split second I might have imagined it. "What of him?" he asks calmly.

I tilt my head to look at him fully in the eyes and I'm shocked at the look of anger in his eyes, a look he's clearly thinking he can hide from me. He drops my hand to get up from the couch, showing me his back. "How could I not being thinking of him, he-"

"I see, you're missing your betrothed." He interrupts and turns back to me. "I think that it would be best for us not to be alone if that is the situation. Forgive me for misreading any feelings or actions I thought were directed in a different way." He spits out with venom I've never heard.

"What?" I grind out I'm angry now as well. "Do you honestly think that of me? How could I not be thinking of a friend I have known for as long as I can remember after he has been banished?" I'm on the brink of yelling as I stress my last words.

"No, it's fine, Amril, you are, after all, engaged to him. I shouldn't have had any expectations especially since he was just banished. Forgive me," he says his words turning into a whisper as he makes his way to the door. He begins to open it and I run ahead of him and slam the door before he can get out of it.

"No! Forgive me!" I yell still angry. "I never once wanted to make you think that my intentions towards you were anything but honest! Don't you think I feel awful in this situation as much as you do?" The look he give me is one of pure confusion.

"One of the few people I consider family has been banished," I pause to take a sigh to release the anger that had built up. I take step closer so that I can put my hand on Loki's cheek and I whisper "and all I can think of is how this situation could benefit me.

A glimmer of hope flashes in his eyes and he takes the hand I'm using to hold his face and he holds it gently. I can feel it shaking with anticipation as he asks "What... what do you mean?"

"I mean that my feelings when it comes to you aren't exactly ones of friendship and more of... romantic interest." I say so softly I'm afraid he can't hear me, however when his lifts my chin to make me look at him I can see from the shock written in his face that he could. Now it's his turn to surprise me as he connects my lips to his own.

This kiss is soft but filled with such need that I melt into it. I feel his arms snake around my waist pulling me even closer to him and I grasp the side of his shirt with one hand and the back of his neck with the other. His lips are so soft to the touch and warm against mine, he's making my knees weak. The way he sits on the couch never once letting go of my waist or breaking contact it seems like he's feeling the same.

I realize I'm straddling him but since my senses are filled with him it only registers somewhere in the back along with other things that don't matter at the moment. I feel Loki's hands trembling as if so excited he cannot contain himself. This reminds me of a lazy raining day because they're my favorite and can't even begin to be explained.

The way our lips are moving against each other's, it's a magic I have never experienced. The way that our lips and bodies fit against each other's is like the perfect pieces to a beautiful puzzle that I have never thought to solve until now. I run my hands through his hair and the softness is such a pleasant surprise that I rub some strands with my fingers to truly appreciate the texture.

I slowly pull back and see his brilliant green eyes slowly opening and see him look at me in a slight daze. I made the person I have liked my whole life in a daze from a kiss, I smile at this and put my head on his shoulder. I feel one hand go down to my hip and another go up onto my back and start to rub slow circle in it.

"I was thinking the same you know," He says quietly "I was hoping we could maybe be together because of this, because Thor is gone."

"Does this make us bad people?" I ask pulling back so he can see my face. So he can see the extent of my happiness despite what I'm asking.

"No," He says giving me a smile of his own. "Opportunistic maybe, but not bad. You, my darling, could never be bad. You're everything good in this world... my lion heart." He says after a pause and runs a hand through my hair.

"There are much better things in this world than me," I play argue.

"Ok, let me rephrase that then. You're everything good in my world," He says causing me to grin. He sees I'm pleased with this answer and says "You should go to sleep, it's very late, you can stay if you'd like. I'll sleep here," I nod and kiss him on the cheek, I'm happy to see it makes him blush faintly.

I go over to his bed and fall asleep almost instantly. I dream of a better world where it wouldn't take something as horrible as Thor being banished to let Loki and I be together. I dream of a future, which might now be possible, one where I can be happy and wake up next to someone I love for the rest of eternity.