The Edge of Glory Part 10

I give Loki an exasperated look "Really?"

     "What?" He asks, acting like he really doesn't know what I'm talking about.

     "You know exactly 'what', Loki," I say getting up off the couch so we're on the same level. He sighs angrily and I take his arms. "Look I get it, tensions are high. And he really shouldn't have said that but infighting will only make us weaker when we have to face Thanos." He sighs, trying to calm down, as I rubs him arms. He pulls away.

     "Why don't you go after him, tell him that he shouldn't have said that?" He asks. I try to find an answer but he takes my hesitation the wrong way. "I see. You don't trust me. No one trusts me, but I thought that you at least would trust me."

     "No, I do trust you-"I try to explain.

     "Really? I don't see you treating Thor like this. Even after everything we've been through, you're still protecting yourself from me."

     "Are you sure, because last night-"

     "I'm not talking about your body! I want your mind, your heart!" He yells passionately.

     "You're right, I don't treat you the same-"

     "Why? Why can't you just-"

     "Because I expect better from you!" I finally snap. "Thor has always been at least a little childish but you! You-"

     "I'm only one person, I can't be better than this. I'm not perfect, as you obviously know! Why would you expect so much from me?" He all but screams.

     "I expect better from you... because I love you! I swear you're so stupid for someone so smart!" I get up in his face.

     "You're not making any sense!" He tries to argue.

     "Your face doesn't make any sense!" I yell before stomping back to the bedroom. That was dumb, definitely didn't win that one. I was probably going to win that before I said that last bit. I feel some tears gathering in my eyes. "Dammit, you're supposed to be stronger than this," I tell myself. I hear him knock on the door. "Fuck off!"

     "Fine!" I hear him yell through the door.

     "Fine!" I yell back. I hear him sigh outside and I go over to it, opening it just a crack. I catch sight of his walking away. I sigh quietly as I close the door. The traveling cost us most of the day so when it's late enough to think about going to sleep I open the door. An invitation for him to continue sleeping in the same bed as me.

     I lay down and after a few minutes I hear Loki slip through the door. I feel him lay down, looking behind me I see that he's also facing away from me. He's still mad at me, I guess he has every right to. I try to sniffle quietly but he hears me and I feel him turn around. He puts his arms around me "I'm sorry," I mumble.

     "I'm sorry too," He whispers back.

     I turn around to face him. "No you don't have to be, I'm sorry I didn't realize that this must be hard for you. Thanos had control over your mind for so long that even after he stopped using his power you weren't able to be totally yourself. It must've be scary forcing yourself to face him once again." He nods and we fall sleep with him holding me.

     Stark barges in at six in the morning. "I've finally, how adorable now wake up, I've finally been able to contact some of the Avengers. Black widow, Hawkguy, Mr. America, and Incredible Sulk will be here sometimes today."

     "I never pictured you as a morning person, Stark," I comment as I sit up. I glance as Loki to find him glaring at Stark sleepily.

     "I'm not, good night." With that he leaves us by ourselves.

     "How'd he?" Loki doesn't even bother finishing, knowing that I understand what he wants to ask.

     "It's his tower, he can get in anywhere he wants," I answer as we snuggle back down.

     "He's very loud," Loki remarks and I hum in agreement. "Should we get up, I doubt I'll be able to go back to sleep after hearing his annoying voice."

     "What about hearing my voice?" I grin playfully.

     "Well if that's the case I just might be able to fall back asleep," Loki flirts back.

     I laugh and it's quiet for a moment "Even if we aren't able to fall back asleep isn't this nice? Just laying here, together."

     "Yes, before someone barges in and brings us back to reality as always," Loki reminds me of our terrible luck.

     "Yes but the moments before they interrupt are pretty good," I retort.

     "Heaven," He breathes in deeply the scent of my hair. "Plus that other night was alright if I can remember back that far."

     I scoff and turn around in his arms to face him. "Maybe tonight I should find a place where Stark can't barge in and there probably aren't any hidden cameras."

     "Perhaps you should." He grins back. "But you know, there are things we could do that wouldn't move the covers around too much." He begins to rub my thigh and I understand just what he's insinuating.

     "Maybe that's a good idea." I lean in to kiss him. I drag my teeth across his bottom lip. He groans and pulls me on top of him. I feel his fingers graze my chest and I pull back to look at him. "I love you." He stops moving immediately. "Do you love me?"

     "Most of the time I do," He grins.

     "You're such a-!" I start grinning but he cuts me off.

     "I do," He says. "I love you more than words can completely express." Loki watches me with loving eyes and I realize this is the feeling that I've wanted since we first became a thing. I've wanted this probably longer than that even. "I'm terrified about what will happen when we fight Thanos. I can't lose you."

     "No, don't think that way. I love you and I can't lose you either but we can't afford to think that way."

     "Can't focus on the negative," He sighs understandingly and I nod in agreement.

     "We can get through this, together," I promise, knowing damn well that it's not a promise I can control whatsoever. He nods and pulls me closer to him, kissing me deeply. I sigh, trying to enjoy the moment, even though I know this happiness will be very short lived. We aren't able to fall back asleep but I'm almost glad that Stark woke us up so Loki and I can just stay in bed together for a while. The silence between us in comfortable.

     I sigh, knowing that I should probably get up soon. Loki seems to understand why I sighed because he slowly lets me go and turns onto his back. I slowly sit up and look back down to see Loki laying with an arm over his eyes. I get ready to face the day and as I come out of the bathroom I see Loki making breakfast. After I get into clean clothes I come out to see that he made enough for both of us.

     I stuff some bacon into my mouth when I see him watching me. "It's good, thank you," I mutter around the food. He grins and we continue our meal comfortably.