~four~

James' Point of View

When those words left her mouth, my heart skipped a beat. I gently kissed her forehead and rested my chin on top of her head. "I love you too princess" I whisper, falling asleep soon after.

Whenever I wake up, I look over at Amber. I watch her as she softly breathes and stirs in her sleep, rolling away from me. I take advantage of the situation and slowly creep out the room. I make my way to my shower and clean myself, before dressing.

Why  could someone be so mean to such a precious baby?

I think and stroll back into her room and sit down next to her on the bed. "Baby, you need to wake up." I whisper. She stirs in her sleep and rolls over.

"5 more minutes Holden" Amber mutters and my heart breaks. "Come on sweetie, how about you help me make breakfast" I suggest.

She sits straight up and stretches her arms out. Her light brown hair frizzy and sticking up all over the place. She yawns an adorable yawn and her bright green eyes lock on mine. 

"Good morning princess" I say and she smiles, "Good morning Jam Jam" 

"Jam Jam?" I ask standing up and holding my hand out for her to take. "It's your nickname silly!" she exclaims using my hand to pull herself up. I chuckle escapes between my lips and I kneel down to her height. "How about you get dressed, I'll get everything together for breakfast and you can come help!" I say and she nods excitedly. 

Amber's Point of View  

As soon as James leaves the room I walk over to my bag. The first thing I grab is a picture in a picture frame. Three kids, me at age 3, Holden at age 7, and I don't know the 3rd one, but he looks around 17 in the picture. I set it down on the side table and continue to go through my bag.

I pull out a worn pair of shorts that fit very loosely, they have slight rips and are a light blue color. Then I  pull out a plain black shirt that had a picture of a kitty on it. I smile and undress then quickly redressed. I slide my polka dot socks on and slide out my room on the wooden floor.

I rush down the stairs and almost slip. "What did I tell you about running?" James asks with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sorry" I say looking down at my feet. "It's okay baby, I just don't want you to get hurt." He says and lifts me up to sit on the counter. 

I smile and nod and swing my legs. "What's for breakfast?" I ask and try to peak over his shoulder to see the ingredients. "Well, i was thinking, some pancakes, bacon, maybe toast and smoothies?" He says with a questioning tone.

"Oh yummy!" I say and clap my hands. "Can I make the smoothies?" I ask hopeful. He nods and points to the fruit in front of the blender. "Just don't cut yourself" He says popping toast in the microwave.

I nod and slice up a banana along with strawberrys and drop a couple blueberries in. I put everything together and put the lid on, holding it down tightly, i push the button and jump when the blender cuts on. My eyes shut and i stumble back as i tightly press my hands to my ears and began to mumble lyrics.

A loud thud was heard from the living room of my house. Me and Holden were playing with his brand new gamecube.

 His birthday had just pasted and me and him wouldn't stop playing. When another thud was heard Holden started to sing a song to block it from my ears.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are gray

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away"

A giggle escapes my mouth and I clap to my brothers singing. He continued to sing until the fighting would stop. 

The front door slammed and he kissed my forehead. "I'll always protect you Amber" He whispered. 

The blender was cut off and James dropped down beside me and pulled me into his chest, rocking me back and forth. I slowly removed my hands from my ears and looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

 "I-I-I'm so sorry" I whisper and wrap my arms around his neck. He stands up and holds me bridal style. "There is no need to apologize dear. How about you watch cartoons and I finish breakfast, and we can talk about it, if you are comfortable"

I smile and nod, snuggling into a pillow on the couch. "I'd like that" I whisper as he turns on Finding Nemo. He glances over at me and i nod with a large smile. He then goes back to the kitchen and continues cooking.

~~~~~

I'm so sorry for the wait, but here is a new chapter.

I hope you enjoy!

Vote!!

~Toast