~Six~

James' Point of View

After getting many bags of clothing for the little princess, i feel a little tug on my shirt. I glance down at Amber and a smile crosses my face.

"How may i help you dear?" i ask watching her shift and fiddle with her shorts.

"I'm hungry Jam Jam" She whispers nervously. "How about we go and get some tacos" I suggest glancing up at the food court. "I want 3 please. OH! and can you get me some sweet tea please?" She asks sweetly. I smile and nod, taking her hand to the food court and sitting her at a table. 

"I'm going to go get our food, do not leave this spot" I say rubbing her head gently. She nuzzles into my hand and nods. "Yes sir" Amber whispers. 

I smile and turn to go to the taco bell that was close by. I walk up and order her tacos and drink along with a burrito for me. Once i pay, i get my food and spin around to see a young boy sitting with Amber. My baby.

I walk up and i can see how flustered and confused Amber is. As i set the tacos down, the young boy looks at me and smiles sticking his hand out. "You must be Amber's dad, I'm Tyler"

My eye twitches and i shake his hand. "I am not her father" I state sitting down next to her. Tyler looks between us  awkwardly. "But she said she was with her 'Daddy', Im confused" Tyler says knitting his brows together.

Amber slowly reaches inside of the bag and pulls her taco out, stuffing it in her mouth to avoid conversation. I lean closer to her and whisper "Slow down, I don't want you to choke". She nods and slows her eating.

"Why are you here Tyler?" I ask snapping my head over to him. "I was a friend of Holden's and i came to see how Amber was, I haven't seen her in a while" He replies glancing at Amber, who has tears brimming her eyes.

Holden. That name. I finally remembered Amber's nightmare. He must have been close to her. "I'm sorry Amber" He whispers and walks around, kissing the top of her head and saying something about calling him if she needed anything. 

She nods and waves goodbye before looking at me. I pull my burrito out and set it on the table. "So, daddy?" i tease with a smile. A deep blush covers her face and she sips her drink. "I-i didn't know what to say" She says quietly. I gently caress her cheek and laugh, "it's completely fine princess" 

After we finish eating we head home and i help Amber unpack all of her clothes. I sit her down on her bed and we both learn a bit about each other, to hopefully further grow our relationship. 

I find out she is 19.Holden was her older brother and he died in a car accident and she has been a little since she was 15. Her favorite movies are Up and Ratatouille. She has 1 tattoo of a small 'H' with a heart around it behind her ear. 

"Everything was okay until my father left" She starts trying to recall everything. "Mom was happy, Holden was still here, It was amazing" She states with a smile. "My father left because of Mom constantly bothering him about money when he was doing everything he could to support us." She took a shaky breath. I gently grab her hand and stroke my thumb over her knuckles.

 "She blamed it all on me, saying that it was because i was the youngest, and i shouldn't  have been born or we would have the money." I wipe the tear that started to fall down her face and hug her gently. "Holden always got in arguments with her, telling her she was wrong. W-when the cop told me Holden was dead, she wasn't even home. She was out doing drugs" Amber whispers as more tears rush down her face. 

"I finally got kicked out because she found a pacifier of mine. She called me disgusting and tried to kill Max. She threw some of my things outside and here i am" She shrugs looking at her hands. 

I wrap my arms around her again and pull her close, resting her head on my shoulder. She straddles my waist as she wraps her arms around my neck.  "I am so sorry babygirl" I whisper

~~~~~~~~~~

I added a bit more about Amber's life. I hope yall enjoyed

Vote!

~Toast