Chapter 5: The Wall

A/N: The story will be in present tense from now on.

Ariella's POV

"I'm sorry I judged you, Colin. I was wrong about you." I blurt honestly.

He seems taken aback before his smile grows, "Let's play a game."

"What?" I ask simply, sitting up, crossing my legs, and resting my chin on my hands.

"A game," he smiles again.

"What game?" I finally ask.

"Well, not exactly a game. Just kind of like a question game, so we can get to know each other."

I smile widely back at him, loving the idea. Colin doesn't seem like the type of guy who stays up late playing "question games". What is this, Elementary school? Oh well, it's cute and I want to get to know him, so why not?

"Rules?"

"You have to be completely honest, no matter how embarrassing the question might be. If we're going to get to know each other we have to trust each other." He explains.

"Okay, you first."

"Okay, this question might be a little deep and personal, so bear with me."

I gulp, anticipating what he's going to ask.

He takes a second before asking, "What's your favorite color?"

I let out a deep breath, thank God.

He burts into laughter, clutching his stomach and gasping for air.

"You looked so worried for a second there! Oh God, that was hilarious. I don't usually get people," He defends his strange actions. And I laugh with him for a while before answering.

"Blue or green."

We went on for a while asking silly pointless questions, but still important nonetheless, before things took a serious turn.

"What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you?" He asks, watching my reaction.

I stare at him for a while before sighing and closing my eyes, "Do I have to answer this?" I squeeze my eyes shut.

I really don't want to talk about my dad, or high school, or anything about my past because it's almost 3 in the morning, and frankly, I get emotional late at night.

"Yes," He presses.

I open my eyes and stare at him again.

Should I trust him? If I tell him about my dad and all the shit I went through, that means I would get attatched to him, and he would know my deepest, darkest secrets.

And I can't get close to anyone, I can't. I can't get hurt again, I'm afraid. I know I'm a coward, but I can't stop the voice in the back of my head constantly reminding me of what hurts me the most.

I study his practical puppy dog face for a second, making my decision. I see past his cuteness, and despite how much I want to trust him, it's not that easy. I can't trust anyone, I wish I could, but I can't.

"I think you should sleep on the floor," I feel tears on my cheeks, I was crying?

He looks panicked, "Shit, did I say something?" he scoots closer to me, holding his hands in the air, not knowing what to do.

I back further away from him, feeling extremely guilty for being the way I am.

But I push people away, it's what I do.

"Look, I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have gave you the impression that we should be best friends or something. We can't and never will have any type of relationship. I'll just sleep on the floor, you can have the bed."