Chapter 1

Before summer begins, Betty made it clear that she is over Archie for good.

"I'm really over Archie for good," Betty said.

"Well, you said that tons of time and then you fell into his arms again every time he's all miserable and need you," Kevin making a point.

"But I'm really over him this time; I realize that we are better as friends. Like people always say, there are plenty of fishes in the sea," she said.

"Whatever you feel Betty, I support you one hundred percent. Not saying that Archie's an ass for not seeing how amazing you are but you really do deserve better. Like I always said, Romeo and Juliet are an exception, not the rule," Veronica state trying to make her best friend feel better.

"You're right and this is summer is the time I'm going to reinvent myself. My parents are taking me to Europe for the summer; they have a job that needs to be done there," she said happily. How about you Kevin? What are your summer plans?"

"I don't know, probably hang around town, do things—you know," he said.

"Good, we can hang out because I'm staying in Riverdale for the summer," Veronica said.

Betty turns to Veronica and gave her a confused look, "Wait, I thought you're going back to New York for the summer," Betty said.

"Yeah, I was planning to but then you know; everything is crowded there with old fake friends and enemies. I'm really not up for that. This summer I want peace in my own solitary and maybe hang out with my gay best friend," she said happily.

"V, I don't know how to say this but I have my summer all planned out with someone you don't know—doing you know—so—," he said guiltily

"What?! You're ditching me for your boyfriend this summer?" Veronica said trying to look offended. "I don't even know you have a boyfriend."

"Well he's not my boyfriend and I haven't told anyone, including Betty. I'm afraid that I might jinx whatever we had which I don't know what it is," Kevin said. "I'm so sorry Veronica, I hope you understand," he apologizes.

"Hey, it's okay, totally understand. Then I'll just spend the summer alone then," she sighs.

"No you're not," Betty tries to comfort her. "Archie and Jughead are staying."

Veronica rolled her eyes and groans, "what will I ever do with them both."

Kevin is smirking at her, "Kevin I know what you're thinking. Eww gross," she said cringing and he laughs.

"It's okay, I'll think of something to do for the summer alone."

Veronica is sitting in one of the booths reading the bell jar while sipping her chocolate milkshake.

"Ronnie," she heard someone calling her name. She looks up to find a red headed boy smiling, happy to see her.

"Archiekins," she smiles back.

Archie slide into the booth and asked her, "What are you doing here? I thought you went to New York for the summer."

"Nope, not this summer," she replied.

"You have been here in Riverdale all along? Why I haven't seen you for the past two weeks?"

"Well, that is because I stayed home and binge watching American Horror Story,"

"Let me guess which season is your favorite," he smirks. "Coven."

"Nope, Murder house." She smirks. "But wait, did you guess 'Coven' because you wanted to say that I look like an evil witch?"