Chapter 2

Flashback,

"This needs to stop," Veronica suddenly said one morning bed. "Whatever this is. School almost start and I don't think we should do this anymore," She frowns.

"What are you talking about Ronnie?" Archie asked as he got up and sit up straight. "What do you mean by we should stop? You mean stop being together?" he said confusedly and hurt.

Veronica nods "But why?" he asked.

"This doesn't feel right," she said. "What would our friends say?" she asked. "most importantly, what would Betty say?"

"What about Betty? We're only friends and we never even dated."

"Well, yeah but she had a huge crush on you for the longest time. Although she has mentioned before that she's moved on but I know she's not fully moved on because it's not easy to lose feelings for someone you loved for the longest time," she explained.

"And?" Archie asked, still not getting the point.

"And I really don't want to be that friend. I really don't want to hurt her, I love her. She's a friend that I've always wanted and I'm not screwing it up," she said.

Archie understands how badly she wanted to change and Riverdale is the place where she starts her new chapter in life being the new her. Archie really doesn't want to get in the way of her changing for the better.

Archie lifts his head and groans, "fine, whatever makes you happy," he finally said.

Veronica pulled his face gently facing hers, "hey maybe in the future, you know when she really moves on and got herself a really nice guy. Maybe, just maybe she'll be okay with us being together." She smirks.

Archie frowns, "and how long do you think that would be?" he asked.

She shrugs, "I don't know, but till then you can see other girls if you like," she said.

"You don't mind? Not going to get jealous?" he gives her an evil grin.

"Nope, if it's meant to be, its meant to be," she grins and Archie leans in for a kiss.

He pulled away after one deep kiss, "I'm going to miss this," he said tracing his thumb from her lips to cheeks and then tugged her hair behind her ears.

"Me too, Archiekins."

End flashback.

Veronica looks at herself in the mirror; examined herself from top to bottom. She wearing her normal dark clothing with pearls around her neck; her signature accessory. It was the first day of her senior year, and she's nervous meeting her friends back.

It's been a week since the last time she saw Archie, after the agreement they had. They think that it's best for them to move on before school starts; which they are not sure if it's possible to get all the feelings out before school starts.

But Veronica said to herself so many times how she needs to move on and would never do it again. She values her friendship with Betty more. Betty loved Archie and Veronica just couldn't break her heart by betraying her. She spent her hot summer with Archie acting like lovers.

Veronica went to her dresser and touched up her makeup one last time and put on her heels before she went to the kitchen to make herself breakfast.

"Archie is just a friend, only a friend, you don't like him like that," She repeated to herself as she was making breakfast. "Just act like nothing happens, that simple."