Chapter 5

Betty just could not believe what she heard. Is Veronica actually? I know that she just found out about it, but was she even planning to tell me about it? And, who's the father? So many questions are going through Betty's mind. Veronica never mentioned that she's dating anyone or even hook up with anyone. If she did she would definitely tell me, right?She thought to herself. I'm her best friend.

"Hey B, you're not asleep yet?" Veronica asked as she walks into Betty's room.

"I'm not sleepy yet," she smiled at her trying to hide her curious face.

Veronica then took a sit on Betty's bed next to her. "How's the movie after gazillion time watching it?" she chuckled.

"I cried, I just couldn't help it," she pouted and they both laugh.

"How's babysitting Jase? Fun?" Betty asked.

"It was okay, Jase is just so cute; and who wouldn't want to take care of him, right?"

"Yeah, he's something alright. I never knew you like babies or kids, you never like offer anything like that before. What's with the change of heart?" Betty asked in hope that Veronica would tell her about her secret pregnancy.

"I've always love kids Betty. I just offered because I've watched the notebook so many times," she groans, "And I'm just bored; so, why not I give a hand, right?" she lied smoothly.

"Is there anything you want to tell me V?" Betty asked.

"Like what?" Veronica fakes a laugh trying to shrug the question off.

"Nothing," Betty smiles at her. She was actually disappointed with Veronica because she gave her the chance to tell her about it but she didn't. Does she not trust me or anything I'm her friend? she thought.

"I'm sleepy B," Veronica yawns as she climbs onto the bed and pulls the cover over her. "Goodnight B, love you."

"Love you too," she whispered.

Betty waited until Veronica is sound asleep, so she could sneak out from her room and go downstairs where Kevin is sleeping. Although Kevin is gay; Alice still has strict rules where any male species are not allowed to sleep in the same room as her daughters.

"Kev," Betty tries to wake him up. "Kev," she repeated.

"What do you want Betty?" Kevin asked with his eyes still closed.

"Well, I couldn't sleep, I found out about something big tonight and I just can't get it off my head," she complains.

"What is it?"

"It's a secret and it's big," she said.

Kevin opened his eyes and tries to get up, "How big?" he asks.

"Big," she said as she sat next to Kevin on the couch. "I just need to get this off my chest," she said.

"Oh okay, what is it?"

"Well, I was about to check on Veronica and Jase, then I heard Veronica telling Polly that she's pregnant."

"What?!" Kevin almost shrieks in shock.

"Shhh, can you keep your voice down, you might wake other people." She said.

Kevin is now wide awake alright; still surprised that Veronica Lodge, the Veronica Lodge is pregnant.

"This is big, are you really sure that she said that she is? I mean really sure?"

Betty nods, "yeah," she said. "And she said she's not planning to tell the father,"