twenty eight.

THE MOMENT

Simon Minter had his son sat beside him, it was raining outside of the car and Nathan and he were soaked

Simon Minter had his son sat beside him, it was raining outside of the car and Nathan and he were soaked. Simon had taken Nathan to his first football match, a Leeds game. He had driven all the way up there from London to see the match and Nathan had begged and pleaded to go with him.

Simon had decided that after the game he would drive to his parents house and introduce Nathan to his mother and father properly. Of course, they knew Nathan existed and they knew that their son was a father but they'd never met their first grandson.

"How did you like the game?" Simon asks Nathan smiles.

"I loved it!" Nathan says and Simon chuckles as he pulls on his seatbelt. Simon pulls off after he's sorted out Nathan. They chat about random things in the mean time, mostly about Football.

When they arrive at Simon's family home they share a small smile to each other before climbing out of the car. Simon takes Nathan's hand and guides him up the driveway to the front door. He knocks on the door and after a few moments of waiting Nick, Simon's brother, opens the door.

"Si, its been awhile!" Nick says and Simon pulls his brother into a hug.

"I've missed you," Simon says and Nick chuckles.

"So this must be Nathan?" Nick asks and Simon smiles and nods.

"This is your uncle Nick," Simon says to Nathan, introducing the two.

Nick gives a little wave to Nathan before inviting his brother and nephew into the house.

"Mom and dad are just in the living room," Nick says and Simon nods, guiding Nathan through the house he was raised in.

"Hey mom, hey dad," Simon says when he enters the living room.

"Simon! Its good to see you," His father says and Simon smiles at him.

"Its good to see you too dad," Simon nods and his mother grins.

"This must be my grandson?" Simon's mother smiles to the little boy holding onto Simon's hand with a shy smile on his lips.

"This is my son, Nathan," Simon says and he smiles at his little boy, "Its okay Nate, this is your gran and grandad,"

"Hello," Nathan says, his voice was quiet and the little boy caused a smile to erupt on his grandparents faces.

"Isn't he just adorable?" The older woman says and everyone looks round as Nick comes into the room with a smile.

"Look at this, its almost the whole family," Nick says and Simon smiles.

"Yeah, we just need Johnny," Simon says and Nathan sits down beside Simon on the sofa.

"So, Nathan, how old are you?" The boys grandad asks.