Chapter 3

"What could HYDRA possibly want with Demeter? She's dead, we can't bring her back to life all of a sudden." Steve firmly stated.

Natasha shrugged, "Well, knowing HYDRA and their sick minds, they can almost do about just anything." she sighed.

"That's what they want us to think." Tony added. "They don't know the type of mindset we all have, they want us to go over to them now."

"But why? What could they possibly want from us?" Steve inquired, raising his eyebrows in a questionable manner.

Tony sighed, seating himself on the couch and pulled his hair back, something he'd do whenever he's frustrated.

"They want...us dead."

"And what makes you say that, huh? What did we ever do to them?!" Steve raised his voice.

"Don't play the victim here, Rogers! You've always had a thing with HYDRA back in your days. You think they just magically forgot about all the things you've done to them? Think again." Tony responded. "They're not inviting us for tea and cookies at their place, the only reason they took Demeter from us was to use that against us, to weaken the team and our power."

"You know, I have to say I agree with Tony on this one." Natasha agreed.

"Im sorry, but did you just say you agreed with me?" Tony smirked, raising his eyebrow.

Natasha cringed but nodded in agreement. "Oh, I want to take it back."

"Nope, too late."

"Can we get back to business now?" Steve mentioned, feeling himself grow more frustrated within the second.

"We were discussing business? I assumed we were just having a little chat at the moment." Tony shrugged.

Steve rolled his eyes, "I've had enough of this." he said while turning on his heel and leaving the living room.

"What's his deal all of a sudden?" Tony asked.

"I don't know," Natasha shrugged, "but he's been like that for a while and it kind of worries me. Then again, he has been through a lot. He keeps telling me that he's been having these strange sightings of his one best friend from back in the day."

"Bucky?" Tony tilted his head.

Natasha nodded.

"I'm afraid so," she sighed, "I just hate to see him this way. He's already lost Peggy and now he finally came to the conclusion that he's also lost his childhood best friend."

"What if he hasn't? I mean, is there proof of him actually being dead?"

"Not that I'm aware of." Natasha responded.

"Time to go have some fun in the lab. Duty calls," Tony rolled his eyes and walked over to his lab.

He didn't fully understand why he was so intrigued on finding more information about Bucky but he knew for sure that he wanted to get to the bottom of things on why HYDRA wanted to take Demeter.

---

"Pietro! Just aim a little higher." Wanda groaned.

It was yet, another day of training for the Maximoff twins. Since it seemed as if everyone else was busy doing their own thing, Wanda and Pietro decided to be their own partner and train themselves in one of the training rooms. It was tiring yet some what accomplishing.

"Well, I would if you didn't choose to constantly move!" Pietro snapped, continuing to punch on the hanging punching bag.

Wanda giggled, patting him on the shoulder. "Ease up, brother. I'm just trying to have a little fun with you."

Pietro rolled his eyes, "Sure."

Right as Pietro swung, Tony barged himself into the room.

"Team meeting, now." he said.

Wanda and Pietro both looked at each other with their eyebrow raised, curiosity overcoming them.

Once the entire team gathered around and seated themselves, Tony took a deep breath.

"So, for the past few hours, I've been trapped inside the lab to look for answers. I have to say, I'm beyond shocked on the things I found. First off, Bucky Barnes is no longer known by that name, he goes by the Winter Soldier."

"But that's not all," Tony pointed out, "the main thing that made think, 'what the absolute hell' was this." he said while throwing a case file on the table.

Natasha furrowed her brows and firmly grasped the file and opened it. Her heart sank with every word she was reading, her eyes continued to follow along with the words illustrated on the document.

"What the hell does it say, Romanoff?" Steve questioned.

She gently placed the file back on the table, tears starting to form into her eyes.

"Demeter...D-Demeter is alive."