Orange Town, Deep Discussions and a New Navigator

"Hey Captain!" I waved at Luffy his smile grew even wider, while the Circus stared at us.

And when I say Circus, I mean Circus. The people surrounding us were dressed similarly to the henchman who helped us from before. They all looked like one big Circus act, some wearing stripes or polka dots, weird hats, or funky hairstyles, and just generally looking like circus clowns.

"Fae look," Luffy waved his arms excitedly in his cage, while everyone remained frozen by our sudden entrance, "I found us a Navigator." He pointed at a woman with bob cut, orange hair, and a white and blue striped T-shirt.

Nami.

I recognized the girl instantly.

"Really!" I smiled genuinely, Nami was a pretty awesome character and really scored some points for the females in this story. I liked her as a character, even if I never believed in the whole LuNa shipping, honestly romance between members of the straw hat crew just never made sense to me. The shout seemed to unfreeze the cat burglar.

"Hey I never said I was joining your crew!" The Navigator moved away from the cannon and rounded on the straw hat boy. Luffy simply smiled even wider, as Nami continued to yell at him and call him a moron.

"Hey Hey Hey," an annoying drawling voice broke out over the one sided argument.

Nami instantly tensed, "oh crap." She cursed out loud.

"Hey Nami what happened there, I thought you were betraying your boss, why are you trying to save him?" The evil clown seemed pleased with the new outcome, a knowing smirk on his face. He ignored me and Zoro instead focusing on terrorizing the navigator.

"Ah hehe I can explain that Buggy-sama."

"Oh that's a big red nose." I whistled before freezing in terror realizing what I'd said. 

Buggy made a strangled choking noise. Everyone in the square had frozen (except for Zoro, he just looked confused), but this time in horror. Buggy shook where he stood, and I noticed the knives he clutched between his fingers. 

Oops.....

"How dare you, you wench!" Buggy lunged at me forgetting about Nami and Luffy. 

"Ahhh! help!" I jumped away from his attack, and dodged diving to the floor to avoid a flying hand full of knives. I rolled quickly as the hand attempted to repeatedly stab me.

"Clunk!" bumping into a bunch of wooden crates, I hissed as the movements tweaked my injured shoulder.

As a sports player of any kind you're bound to get injuries that you have to ignore in the heat of a game. I'd been playing soccer and basketball since second grade and was completely used to playing with pain in the moment and dealing with the bull shit later. Once in a basketball game I had fractured my nose, and continued playing until adrenaline just couldn't cut it any more. If I could last a couple minutes with far less adrenaline then I had now, I would damn well last long enough to escape sudden death.

I looked around dodging another whizzing hand, trying to tune out Buggy's annoying cackles. The green haired swordsman had disappeared somewhere, probably to fix the problem Nami was having with a cannon and henchman. 

"Oh crap!" A thrown knife whizzed dangerously close over my head making a thunking sound as it hit a wooden pole. I jumped over the low flying hand that followed, making a strange air dive to avoid being hit by either. My heart raced as I ungracefully hit the ground and quickly scrambled up the fact that I'd almost died barely registering.

"Yehahaha," Buggy cackled maniacally as I got my fan out just in time to bat away another knife, (Bless my reflexes)

"You're not fazed by my powers." Buggy mused out loud "So you know about my devil fruit, huh girl?"