16~ The bickering continues

It had been over ten minutes since Nandini was standing in front of the wardrobe wondering what to wear for the muh dikhaai function as Nyonika had informed her the previous day that all the relatives who had missed out in the wedding would be coming today.

"Apne hi kapdo se pyaar hogaya hai kya?" Manik asked when he entered the room and she looked at him.

"Noo. I can't understand what to wear." She said as she lazily sat on the bed.

"Oh yeah. There's a function right? Thank God I won't be here." He sighed in relief wearing his watch.

"You won't be here? Where are you going?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"The manager had called. He wants to meet us." He informed and she mumbled an 'oh.' "So, what actually happens in this 'muh dikhaai'?" He air quoted the words. "You know meri pehli shaadi hai so I don't know much." He shrugged and she instantly stood up.

"Haan haan. Meri toh jaise teesri shaadi hai." She said sarcastically.

"Really? Tumne bataya nahi Nandini. Not fair yaar." He faked sadness and she lightly punched his arm making him chuckle. She again went back to what she was doing and he stood beside her.

"Hold on." He said to her. "Let me select something for you. My choice is just amazing you know?"

"Acha? Kitni ladkiyon ke liye kapde select kiye hai aaj tak?" She asked leaning onto the wall.

"Bohot si."

"Really?" She passed him an 'I'm impressed' look. "So what kind of clothes have you selected for them?"

"Don't ask. Trust me.." he chuckled. "You wouldn't want to know."

"Ofcourse I wanna know." She said standing upright.

"These.." he pointed at her western outfit's section and shook his head. "Nah. These are very decent. You know those..mini skirts, short dresses..and they looked so hot." He explained dreamily while she shot daggers at him.

"Hot huh?" She asked through her gritted teeth and he looked at her. "If you prefer those types of clothes then unhi ladkiyon ke paas jao and select for them. I'm good with my simple clothes." She scoffed at him and walked past him when he held her wrist and pulled her with a jerk making her back collide with his front.

"You're right." He spoke huskily in her ear making her breath hitch in her throat. "Simple yet so beautiful."

"Really?" She asked softly as her face flushed.

"Really and..it'll also suit you." He said making her frown and just then, he brought forward his other hand which held an outfit in a hanger only to make her realize he was talking about the clothes.

"Right." She said as she quickly stepped away and took the outfit from him. "It's simple..yet..beautiful." She spoke in pauses avoiding meeting his eyes making him smirk.

"I told you. My choice is amazing."

"Yeah. Thanks." She said plainly and entered the washroom leaving him smiling behind.

~

Manik went back down and found the house workers running up and down, busy in the preparations. Just a while later, Mukti and Alya arrived there.

"If you two will be here then what about the meeting?" Manik asked them.

"Cabir and Dhruv will be there with you na? Tum log sambhal lena." Mukti said.

"Woh sab toh thikh hai lekin.." he suddenly paused as his gaze drifted to Nandini who was coming down the stairs and she looked gorgous in the same outfit he had selected for her - a georgette peach Anarkali Suit with patch border work.