47~ Too much too soon

Hola! Look who's here! 🙈 Sorry to keep y'all waiting for so long, but I won't waste much of your time in excusing myself. So here's a long update. Happy reading. ❤

¤~~~~~~~~~~¤

"Aiyyapa! I hope everything's fine." Nandini prayed silently as Manik accelerated the car. Their beautiful moment in the rain had been broken off by Nyonika's call, who had asked them to reach home as soon as they can.

Driving through the gates of Malhotra Mansion, they got off the car and headed towards the entrance only to witness both Manik and Nandini's parents in the living hall along with Beeji and Bua.

"Guys?" Manik's voice grabbed their attention and they looked at him. "Is everything okay?" He asked moving forward, noticing their worried faces. "Aap sab.." He stopped abruptly as his gaze fell on the person sitting on the sofa. Someone he least expected to see or rather, never expected to see in his house.

Nandini gasped, stumbling a step backward but Manik was quick enough to grasp her hand, making her balance on her feet.

Madhyam Singhania smirked at them wickedly as he got up from his seat and adjusted his jacket. "Hey you guys. It's good to see you after so long."

"How dare you!" Manik crouched forward grabbing his collars as adrenaline flowed through his system, but Nyonika came to Maddy's rescue as she freed him from Manik's hold.

"Can you calm down?" Nyonika scolded him in a hushed tone while Nandini stood rooted to her spot, too numb to react. What could she even say when her past was right here, in front of her parents and her in-laws.

"Mom, you don't know this guy. He-" Manik began but was tongue tied as his eyes fell on the table right behind his mother. The coffee table, which was now full of pictures scattered around it. His eyes narrowed as he walked past his mom, his hands clenching into fists with every step he took.

He couldn't believe what he saw as he bent down a little, his eyes moving frantically from one picture to another. Maddy was holding Nandini by her arm in one of them, while he was was standing so close to her in another. He had cupped her cheek in another picture, while in another one he was holding her hand - and he realised all of this was not of long ago as he noticed the pendant hanging around Nandini's neck. The pendant which he gifted her on her birthday.

So when did this happen? And why hadn't Nandini mentioned a thing about this? She went to meet him secretly? Or was this Maddy's plan to create misunderstandings between them? Manik couldn't fathom a single thing. He didn't have any answers to the questions running in his mind.

Being surrounded by silence for a while now, Nandini gathered her courage to lift her gaze only to be dumbfounded with what she saw. Her eyes widened at the sight of Manik and the pictures and she wished for the earth to swallow her.

"When was this?" Manik mumbled audibly without even realising it.

"Oh, just last week." Maddy answered before Nandini could.

Gulping down the lump in her throat, she tried taking a step towards Manik but Pallavi grabbed her arm and turned her to face her.

"What is all this Nandu? Ho kya raha hai?!" Her mother asked her harshly to which tears glistened Nandini's eyes. Never had her mother spoken to her in that way, but she wasn't wrong either. "I'm asking you something!"

"Ma..Mumma.." Nandini tried to speak but even her voice betrayed her in that moment.

"Nandini," Ashish came forward, glaring at her.