13~ Mr & Mrs Malhotra

The night eventually ended but the two tired souls were still in deep sleep.

"Manik? Nandini?" Came Nyonika's voice followed by a knock on the door which broke Nandini's slumber and her eyes opened wide in an instant as she realized the surroundings.

"Oh shit." She whispered yelled as she sat up with a jerk, roughly moving back her hair which fell on her face.

"Manik?" Nyonika called out again and Nandini immediately jumped out of the bed and rushed to Manik.

"Manik! Manik wake up!" Nandini shook his shoulders but he didn't budge. "Manik utho!" She tapped his cheek continously which resulted in some frowns appearing on his forehead as he slowly battled his eyelids open.

"Nandini? What is wrong with you? Sone do muje." His voice came out raspy as he turned to the other side, pulling the duvet over him.

"Maniikk." She tried to make him face her but her petite frame didn't allow her. "Manik listen. Go and sleep on the bed."

"Pagal hogayi ho kya Nandini?" He spoke from under the duvet. "Aadhi raat ko uthakar, you're asking me to sleep on the bed."

"Manik subah hogayi hai and mom.."

"Manik? Nandini? Are you awake?" Nyonika's voice was heard once again. Nandini's head snapped towards the door and Manik too peeped out of the blanket in surprise.

"C-Coming." Nandini hollered.

"Mom?" He mumbled earning a glare from Nandini.

"Haan mom. Now will you go on the bed?" She asked strictly and he shut his eyes in irritation as he lazily got up from the sofa and flumped onto the bed, laying on his stomach.

Nandini quickly gathered his belongings and dumped them on him after which she composed herself and opened the door.

"G-Good morning mom." She wished nervously.

"Good morning beta. I hope I didn't disturb you?" Nyonika asked.

"No no. It's just that..I..I was in the washroom." Nandini hesitated.

"It's okay. Manik is still sleeping?" Nyonika tilted her head to have a look inside.

"Yeah." Nandini replied with a fake smile.

"Uthao ab usse aur jaldi se tayyar hoke neeche aajao. Ye pehenke aana." She handed over a packet to Nandini who took it with a smile and Nyonika left.

Nandini unwrapped the packet and was left amazed when she removed a red saree from it.

"Aiyyapa!" She exclaimed loud enough disturbing Manik and he groaned as he opened his eyes to look at her.

"Bhoot dekhliya kya?" He asked sitting upright and Nandini passed him a helpless look.

"Manik..mom has given me this saree, but I don't know how to wear it."

"So go and ask her for help." He suggested.

"But what if she feels bad? I mean.."

"God!" He threw his head backwards. "Konsi duniya se ho tum haan? Seriously? Who feels bad when asked for help?"

"Okay." She said innocently and walked out of the room while Manik went to the washroom and came out after a while dressed in a blue denims along with a dark grey thin striped t-shirt and a dark grey blazer.

" She said innocently and walked out of the room while Manik went to the washroom and came out after a while dressed in a blue denims along with a dark grey thin striped t-shirt and a dark grey blazer