thirty six

"I don't understand how you like steak."

"I don't understand why you're breathing." I smack Grayson playfully only to hurt myself.

We open the door to the apartment and I make my way in to the living room to see Ethan and a girl sitting way apart from each other, while watching tv.

"Uh hi." I say trying to grab their attention.

Ethan was the first to turn around and he looked really anxious by my presence.

"Dana." He gets up and walks towards me by the time Ethan got up from his seat the girl turns around and looks at me.

"What's up?"

"Go to your room please?" He says patiently and quietly

"Who's that?" I mouthed, I could tell Ethan was not in the mood for questions and he just wanted me to listen to his orders.

Right as I walk away the girl speaks up.

"I'm Trisha." She speaks up.

I turn back to see Ethan but the girl was nowhere insight since Ethan's body blocked the view, I didn't catch her features.

"Dana go." Ethan whispers really rudely rather.

I swear to God, I'm questioning whether I'm the one who's on my period or is it Ethan.

I turn back around again and see Grayson with shock written all over his face, he didn't make eye contact with me but with the person behind me.

"Grayson." I distract him, he turns to me and looks worried, he was going to say something but Ethan barged in instead.

"Dana for goodness sake, just go." I stormed off to my room and smack the door closed just to let everyone know I'm pissed, its a petty move but I could care less.

I don't know who the girl was or what her business with the twins but I want to know. I don't know what she looks like but I only know her voice and her name.

I was going to let Ethan's attitude ruin my night so I decided to facetime Nathalie.

Me: facetime me.

Nathalie: shit, this is serious isn't it

Me: why would you say that

Nathalie: you used a fullstop, you never use them unless its something serious or you got some tea to spill

Me: just facetime me please

Nathalie: no can do, im at a party trying to get some dick remember

Me: right

Well that didn't work out so I decided to open my messages.

Mom: please come over tomorrow, there's a family gathering x

Mom: wear something presentable

Mom: i can't wait to see you

Mom: be there at 5pm x

I hear a knock at my door and I close my phone.

"Come in." I yelled.

"Its locked." I get up from my bed and unlock the door to see Ethan.

"What do you want?" I'm about to swing at his beautiful face right now, even if it means I'm ruining God's creation.

"Let me explain." He shuts the door close and sits on my bed.

"Are you going to explain to me who the girl is or why you're being such a dick to me?"

"Both." I take a seat beside him.

"First of all I'm going to make it up to you for me being a dickhead and secondly the girl you saw is.." he looks at me.

"what?"

"Grayson's ex girlfriend." I didn't have a reaction to it whatsoever, I wasn't hurt by it but I didn't understand why Ethan was acting the way he was and why Grayson looked so anxious to see Trisha.

"Okay?" I said.

"Shit happened back then when Grayson and her dated."

"Explain."

"That's not my story to tell, he's going to tell you when he's ready alright?"

"Why can't Grayson come to me and say it instead of you?"

"There's a lot to take in especially when your past comes back to bite your ass."

His big bubble ass, that's for sure.

I laughed at his remark, he gets up from his seat.

"Again I'm sorry for acting the way I did." He said.

"Don't apologize but I do appreciate you for looking out for your brother." He smiles and kisses my forehead before heading out my room.

What was it that made a Grayson and Ethan act the way they did when they saw Trisha. Something must've happened that I didn't know.

-

The processing of falling asleep is really hard for me especially when you start overthinking about the slightest things.

My eyes start to close when my phone starts to ring, I look at the screen to see Grayson's name.

"Hey baby." His voice was so therapeutic and raspy, fuck.

"Was it really necessary to facetime me? Your room is right across mine."

"I can't sleep." he says in a hush tone.

"Neither can I."

"Overthinking?" My eyes widen in surprise.

"How do you know?"

"Because that's what I'm doing as well." He says, he seemed really off but I wasn't going to question it, he's going to tell you when he's ready alright? Ethan's voice echoed in my head, repeatedly.

"So are we going to fall asleep on facetime like we used to?" I said quietly.

"Or you can sleep with me?"

"Do you really want me to?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He whispers, he sounded as if he was about to cry. I end the call and I get out of bed and head to his room.

I knock lightly on his door and I make my way in his room and my eyes slowly adjust to the darkness and I finally have a view of his bed.

There was Grayson, laying on his side facing the wall, I slowly crawl on his bed making sure not to make any abrupt noises.

I get under the sheets and I lay on my back facing the ceiling. All that could be heard was our breathing, my eyes slowly shut and suddenly I feel the bed move.

Grayson shuffles around and gets into a new postition. He places his head on my stomach and holds my hand just like the time we watched a movie together.

He was there for me and I'm here for him.

He holds my hand firmly and I play with his hair, hoping he'd fall asleep.

"Thank you." Was all he said that night.

not a really interesting chapter but i hope you like it! i'm trying my best to update as much as i can bcs i really want this fanfic to finish.

btw would you guys like it if i put song recommendations to listen to when you read a certain scene or? let me know

let me know what you want to see happen next.

enjoy :)