Chapter Twenty-One | Hidden No Longer

Walker hugged her knees to her chest, resting her head on them. It didn't matter how much she hid it, but the only thing she can see over and over again is the bodies of those she's killed. The only thing she can see is her brother falling to the ground. The only thing she can remember is hugging Ashton when she was a little girl, and he kissing her forehead. Tears continue to fall but she quickly wipes them away when she finds Malik's eyes on her.

She doesn't mind his company. Malik doesn't cover her in sympathy, or try to talk to her about it. He just looks at you with strength, making you want to push through it. Walker stared at the ground, too deep in the raging thoughts. Goodbye, Ash.

She couldn't let go no matter how hard she tried. She forced her beanie off, chucking it across the dirt. Her shorter brown hair falls into her face as she cries, her back hunching and shaking. Malik walks over slowly, kneeling in front of her. He tucks locks of her hair behind her hair, revealing her dark eyes. She looks up at him, her eyes glassy.

He runs his fingers playfully over her hand, finally entangling his with hers. She watches expectantly, and he begins to open his mouth to speak, but shuts it immediately. He glares behind her and she quickly spins around, frightened. They both jump up at the sight of two large men drawing near.

The fight was hopeless. Walker had lost her will to fight, had lost her will to try. Malik couldn't find his gun, and as he began to fight, the men grabbed Walker, and held a knife to her throat.

"Move, and we'll slice her throat." One of them snarled.

Malik stood in place, not making eye contact with Walker's troubled expressions.

The two began to talk back to each other, "Is she the one he wants?"

"I don't know. We better take her back just in case."

They both turn back to Malik, "If you follow us, she dies. Oh, and so do you."