Chapter Twenty- Eight | Can't Kill Them

I fumble the injection shot in my hand, my eyes wavering back to Malik. Forrest and Mayzlie are talking quietly to each other in the corner of the food court. Walker is holding onto Malik's hand, that keeps flying around inside the ropes that hold him down. I'm about to remove my own blood, when a loud noise rings through the court. I stand up, alert. I pull out my gun quickly, and realize my father has just found his way into the mall.

I furrow my eyebrows, confused. He runs up to me, pulling me in a hug I don't return.

"You are so beautiful," He motions to my dress, which I totally forgot about, "I've been looking for you everywhere. But I think I led them here. I'm so sorry, Will."

"Calm down, Dad, um, I mean Bill." I stutter. His eyes widen in shock but before he can spit anything out, a huge mob of Insane come running in the mall like a bunch of animals.

"Forrest!" I yell, "We can't kill them!"

"Then what do you suppose we do?" Walker cries out.

Before we can even start a plan, the Insane attack. It's a bloody fist fight. A woman comes darting at me, throwing her large fist straight into my face. I see it coming, so I duck, punching her in the gut. She makes a gagging noise, but never stops fighting. Her knuckles go right into my forehead, and an immediate headache starts. Another Insane seems to want to join, as he chucks a hanger at me. It hits me right in the nose, and I feel blood rolling down my face.

The woman full-out tackles me, and I struggle to get up as she holds me down with her knees. She hits me hard in the mouth before standing up and running for someone else. I begin to cough up blood uncontrollably, and I roll to my side. A man walks up and holds his heel down on my neck, causing me to scream out. I watch Forrest run over, eyes wild. He must've taken care of the man because the weight comes off of my neck in a heartbeat.

"Force them into this store!" Walker shouts over all the noise, and Forrest begins running at them, fighting them into a store.

I run weakly over to Malik, sticking the shot into me, and then placing my blood into his arm.

"Please work." I cry, watching Forrest sprint out of the store as Walker shuts and locks the door from the outside. Blood runs down his face as he looks viciously around the room.

"You okay?" He asks me, and then realizes what I just did. He runs over to Malik's side, feeling his pulse.

"It's slowing down." He says, astonished. He wipes the blood from my face with his shirt before running over to Mayzlie, who watched the whole fight from the side.

Walker slowly walks over to Malik, laying her head on his chest, "Please wake up."