Chapter 2

The rest of the car ride to my house was silent- neither of us spoke a word until we were parked in my driveway. "You have three minutes to get what you need before I come in there," Calum warned.

Hastily, I jumped out of the car and walked in the front door of my house. I took no time at all to mindlessly walk the familiar path to my room- through the living room, up the staircase down the call and the third door on my left. I did, however, try my best to be as soundless as possible, not wanting to wake my parents. Once in my room, I shut my door and turned on the ceiling light. I pulled out two overnight bags from the back of my closet and filled one with clothes- mainly t shirts, shorts, leggings and sweatshirts. I tossed two pairs of vans in my bag along with some socks. In the second bag, I put a blanket, a pillow, and some photographs of me and my friends and family. I hurried in to the adjoining bathroom attached to my room and grabbed a toothbrush, toothpaste, a hair brush, shampoo and conditioner and all the other basic needs and returned to my room.

"Your three minutes is up," Calum said abruptly, causing me to jump. I spun on my heels and turned to face the bastard. As I opened my mouth to speak, he cut me off. "Nice house you have. I like the way you did your room. Especially the record collection you have," He said, running his fingers over the various CD's I had packed onto a shelf.

"Too bad I'm being deprived of everything," I snapped, shoving a few more things into my bag, before zipping it up and throwing it over my shoulder.

"I can carry one of those for you," Calum offered. I gave him a poisonous glare. "If you want me too."

"It's fine, I've got it," I said, not even trying to hide the annoyance in my voice. Under normal circumstances I would've let him carry my bags, but considering he was basically kidnapping me, I wasn't exactly keen on letting him help me.

"Suit yourself," He said, leaving my room and going out to the car. I followed him and threw my bags in the trunk before plopping down in the passenger seat. Calum started the engine and we were off to God knows where. After a few minutes of driving in silence, he decided to start asking me questions. "How old are you?"

I didn't answer.

"Where do you go to school?"

No reply.

"Do you have any siblings?"

I don't know, you were just in my house, why didn't you check? Oh probably because you were too busy kidnapping me!

"Why won't you answer any of my questions?"

I kept my mouth shut.

Calum sighed in frustration. "Are you at least going to tell me your name?" He asked.

"Elise," was all I said.

"Elise," he repeated.

So many thoughts raced through my mind. Where was he taking me? Was he going to kill me, just like he killed that man? Would anyone be looking for me? Why did he kill that man? Why was I the one who wondered out into the woods? Why me? It's always me...

We didn't say anything else for a while. I was half asleep when Calum started talking again.

"I'm taking you to the house where my crew and I live," Calum explained. "You'll be staying there with me and some friends, I guess you could call them. Try not to piss them off or make eye contact for too long. They're dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt. I'm not in charge there so I can't protect you if you piss off the wrong people."

"What are you getting at?" I snapped.

"Just watch what you say and be careful," He said.

I took his words for granted. I didn't think that walking into this house would alter my life in every way possible. I didn't think, not for a second, that I should've ran when I had the chance.

Calum lead me up to the patio and through the front door of the house. "Wait here," he said, leaving me in the doorway with only my bags and my thoughts. I stood there scared and uncomfortable for a few minutes, waiting for Calum to come back. Moments later, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It sounded like two sets, as there were too many steps per second for just one person.

"Elise, this is Skip. He's the guy in charge." Calum said. I noticed he kept his head down, almost as if he was scared of Skip.

"So you saw Calum kill a guy, eh?" Skip asked, walking over to me. My body was still, I was scared to move. He was average height with black hair that was slicked back and had a cigarette tucked behind his ear. He looked about 20 to 23. Skip walked in circles around me, surveying me like I was an animal about to me butchered. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks and looked to Calum. "Take her to the spare room on the third floor." He ordered.

Calum picked up one of my bags. "Follow me," He said. Wanting to leave Skip's presence, I followed Calum up two flights of stairs and into a plain room. The walls were painted a tan color and the bed had black sheets on it. There was a single dresser and a small closet.

"This is where you'll be staying," Calum said. "I'll come check on you every so often. And when you wake tomorrow morning, come to the second floor and go to the first door on the left, that's my room. If I'm asleep, don't be afraid to wake me." He put my bag that he was carrying on the bed. "There's a bathroom at the end of this hall, if you need it. It's the last door on the right." He looked at me, hesitant to leave. "Do you want help unpacking?" He offered.

"No," was all I said.

"Right then," I noticed Calum's fists clenched up a bit. "Good night." And with that, he left the room.

Not even bothering to unpack, I just took out a pair of sweats and a t shirt and put them on in place of my crop top and skirt, tossing them into the corner of my room. I laid in end, trying to get comfy, waiting to succumb to sleep but it didn't happen. Instead I laid awake all night, staring at the blank ceiling, my mind racing with thought yet somehow managing to be empty.

Eventually in the early hours of the morning, my eyelids grew heavy and I drifted off into the darkness we call sleep.

hi so this was short but you sort of get a feel for things and yeah. I hope you liked it. comment what you think and vote for it and yeah bye

also follow me on twitter @ihytoo if you're into that