Chapter 4

After ignoring me for hours, Calum finally decided to come check up on me. "Come in," I said. I was laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I didn't want to talk to Calum but I figured he was there and I was gonna be stuck with him anyways so might as well be nice. I sat up, making rook for him. "Hi."

"Hi," He said. He took a seat on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry," he began. "For bringing you here. If I didn't have to I wouldn't have, but I had to so I'm sorry."

"Why did you have to?" I asked, although I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer.

"If I didn't, one of us would be dead." Calum confessed. "And I'd rather you be here than dead."

"Why does it matter? I was so drunk that even if I told someone they wouldn't believe me!" I laughed, the irony of the situation getting the worst of me. "Hell they'd probably send me to a mental hospital!" I laughed not knowing what else to do. How did I end up in this situation? Why didn't I just walk out the front door?

Because you're scared he'll kill you too... My subconscious told me. Gulping, I turned towards Calum. "I don't want to die," I told him.

"You're not going to," His eyebrows furrowed.

"I want to see my mom before you kill me. I want to make amends with my enemies and tell my friends I love them. And I want to go to New York too. There's so many things I haven't done. I'm still young. I haven't fallen in love or met the president. I haven't done anything worth mentioning at my funeral. Will I even have a funeral? You'll probably just toss me out at sea that way no one can find my body. Oh god, my parents are going to have to live all this time not knowing if I'm dead or alive and just having a small glimmer of hope that I'm alive and that I'll go home. But I can't cause I'll be dead," I paused to take a breathe. I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt a tear land on my bare feet. I missed my mom, my bed, my friends, I even missed school.

"Relax," Calum said, "I'm not going to kill you." He held out his arm as if to pull me into a hug.

"Get away from me!" I commanded. "Don't you dare lay a finger on me." I ran out of the room, down the stairs and towards the door.

"Elise," Calum said, chasing after me. I ignored him and turned the handle on the door, desperate to get out. It wouldn't open. I tried again to no avail. I pulled and pushed and twisted but nothing I did would get the door open. Tears threatened to pour out of my eyes. Gulping, I pressed my back against the door and slid down, hands on my head and elbows on my knees. I was crying now. Calum stood there, his arms dangling at his sides, not knowing what to do.

I looked at the boy. He looked so innocent; how could he be capable of murder and kidnapping? It was unrealistic... almost. "Why me?" I asked, to no one in particular, yet to anyone who could or would answer me.

"Because you had the unfortunate mishap of being in the wrong place at the wrong time," He explained. "And for that I'm sorry." I sat for a minute in silence before Calum spoke again. "I'm not a bad guy, you know."

"Please," I scoffed.

"I'm not. I'm actually really weird and awkward and happen to be in a gang." He laughed. "Honestly, I never thought I'd be here; I always wanted to be in a band, but I can't sing and I'm terrible at bass, which is the only instrument I own. So I ended up here. When my parents died, I didn't have anything. I lived in my car for a few months before I met Skip. He's an ass now, but he wasn't then. And he offered to give me a place to stay if I joined his gang, at the time I was desperate. And now, these guys are all I have left."

"Why don't you just leave?" I asked.

"I'm too afraid."

---

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SO SO SO BAD AND SO SO SO SO SHORT BUT ITS IMPORTANT POSSIBLY AND YEAH

IM GOING TO TRY AND UPDATE MORE OFTEN AND WITH BETTER QUALITY

GO READ MY CAMILA FANFIC IF YOU LIKE FIFTH HARMONY