Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Harry’s POV

I abruptly jumped up in my bed when I heard my phone ringing. Once I was awake I looked around my room, forgetting that I had fallen asleep. I had that feeling you get when you wake up from a nap and you feel like its maybe the next day, you feel like you’ve been asleep for a long time. I looked over at the clock and saw that’d I’d only been asleep for close to two hours. I ran a hand through my hair, and then remembered my phone ringing, so I picked it up and saw Niall’s contact name on the screen. I was about to answer, but then I decided on just letting it go to voicemail, and call him back later. I had a pounding headache starting to occur and all I want is some medication to numb it.

I had alcohol to numb pain, and now I need medication to numb the different pain of the result of my first pain numbing. I chuckled to myself as that thought ran through my head.

I walked into my kitchen, and opened one of the cabinets. My eyes scanned the different shelves in the cabinet until I found the bottle I was looking for. I then got myself a glass of water, and poured out two of the pills. I put them in my mouth and downed them with the water, then put the cup in the sink and the bottle back in the cabinet.

I went into my living room and lay down on the couch. After I few minutes, I felt my eyes begin to close, so I turned on the TV and sat up, hoping that’d help me stay awake. When it didn’t, I turned off the TV and got up from the couch. As tired as I was, it was probably best for me not to go to sleep again, because then I might not get to much sleep tonight if I’d been sleeping all day.

I grabbed my keys and my phone from the counter, slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbed my jacket, and then headed to my garage. I got into my car, and back out of my garage after I opened it. Once again, I wasn’t sure where I was going, but I had to go somewhere. As I was driving, I felt my stomach growling, and I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything today. All I’ve done today is drink and sleep.

I drove downtown and drove my car around for a while until I found a restaurant that looked good. I’d never been to the place before but the name sounded familiar, I think one of the guys was talking about it once. It was one of those local business restaurants that you don’t see everywhere.

I parked my car in a nearby spot and got out, locking the car behind me. I was swinging my keys around between my fingers as I walked up the sidewalk to the restaurant.

Once I approached the entrance, and walked inside. As the door closed behind me, I took in my surroundings and looked around the restaurant. It was a lot nicer inside than the outside made it out to be. It wasn’t too fancy but it wasn’t too much like a fast food place. The walls were burgundy, and the tables and chairs where a darker wood, giving the place an elegant look yet still pretty casual look. I was headed up to the small desk to get a table, still looking around, but I stopped dead in my tracks once I saw two familiar people sitting at a table.

Liam and Liv.

What the hell was he doing here with her? I continued to look at them, taking a few back to try to make myself not visible to them. Liam’s back was towards me, but I had a clear view of Liv. She had a big smile on her face as she was laughing at something Liam had said. I couldn’t but have a pang of jealously shoot through me as I watched them. I still didn’t understand why the hell she was here with him of all people. They were never really close friends at all; they hardly ever talked to each other. Why did she have to be hanging out with Liam of all people? I’d probably have less of a problem with Zayn or Louis. Then again I wasn’t sure what all Louis might tell her about this situation. I still wish she were here with one of the guys who were in a serious relationship. It was probably a stupid thought but being the overly jealous person I am, I had stupid thoughts like that. I wasn’t exactly sure if Liam was dating anyone or not. Him and Danielle broke up, and he’s been hanging out with Sophia, but that doesn’t seem to be going very well.

I wouldn’t expect Liam to hit on Liv, but why wouldn’t he? She’s pretty, she’s nice, and she’s a great person. She also was a pretty broken heart, and it’s because of me.

I continued to watch them for a few more minutes, and I thought I caught Liv quickly glance over at me, but it might’ve been my imagination. She never looked over here again, so went with it was my imagination, because it seems to be pretty active today, constantly making me worry and pissing me off.

It wasn’t until I saw Liam inching his hand closer to Liv’s while she was laughing again, that I was utterly pissed. His fingertips got closer to hers, but she didn’t notice because yet again, Liam had said something else that made her laugh, and smile with her contagious smile.

He eventually stopped moving his hand closer, and his fingertips were merely millimeters away from hers, but of course she didn’t notice.

I quickly stormed out of the restaurant, not caring if they saw me throwing my fit as I stomped out.

I unlocked my car and got back into it and began to drive off. I found myself driving back to the one place I shouldn’t go to, but I felt I had to. I’ve just felt so worthless today, everyone either hated me or was I was annoyed with them. Then there was Liam who was pissing me off without even knowing I was there. My paranoia getting the best of me, I felt as if he knew I was there, or he knew I was going to find out one way or another.

Even though his hand stunt wasn’t that big of a deal, it just bothered me so much. That and the fact he was with her right now, it shouldn’t be bothering me as much as it is. I know at some point Liv is going to move on from me and find someone better. I’m not saying it’s Liam, but I know she’s done with me. I knew I should probably give up on her too, but there is part of me that still believes she’ll forget this whole mess and give me, yet another, chance.

I soon pulled up in front of the liquor store for the second time today, and quickly went inside.